It says cant open in DOS (and i forgot)

> some files on this website or some addons cant be installed cuz it says Can't open in DOS but i forgot the full thing it said and some random words

@JerryIsARetartMouse This problem report is of no use to anyone.

Nobody knows where you were "on this website" or what you were trying to do.

Please could you provoke the "Can't open in DOS" problem again and report the exact steps needed to reproduce it.

Then someone will be able to assist you.

12 hours ago, JerryIsARetartMouse said:

some files on this website or some addons cant be installed cuz it says Can't open in DOS but i forgot the full thing it said and some random words

I think you're trying to open the *.dll files. Don't. Simply unzip them (if contained in a zipped container file), and move them to the correct location.

See here: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html

That ^ would make more sense than what I thought the problem might be - the OP is trying to open the actual plugin .dll rather than just install it in the correct location.

I'm thinking he assumed that whatever plugin he was trying to install came with an installer when it was just a plugin .dll you have to manually install.

The PDN plugin install YT videos I was going to link too weren't very helpful, particularly if US English is not your primary language. But whilst perusing for alternative tutorials I came across BoltBait's written one with accompanying pics which includes a mention that .dll files may be locked when installed on some PCs. Never seen anything like that myself but maybe the OP is having this problem if it is not a more general plugin install misunderstanding.  

IHaveNoName.png