HOW can i recover a DELETED image i wanted to save ?

This morning i had just done a few HOURS of digital work creating a special modified movie still, and as i was opening another new canvas, the PDN system msg window appears, asking me if i want to share a particular image, showing an image i do NOT want saved, so i click on "DO NOT SAVE".  Then i go back to the special image i was long working on....and i discover THAT is the image the PDN system deleted !!!!!  I angrily screamed in disbelief in the realization i had just LOST all those hours of careful work !!!!!....WHY did the PDN system NOT show me a picture of THAT special image i was working on, but an UNWANTED image, when it asked me if i wanted to save it ???!!!!....

After this happened, i searched the PDN Forum for help on this matter using the SEARCH box with- "HOW can i recover a DELETED image i wanted to save ?", but got a list of thousands of question titles of which i could not find ANY related to my question....

QUESTIONS :  1. Is there a way to RECOVER a DELETED image i wanted to save in PDN ?.... 2. If NOT, why should there NOT be a way for the PDN to facilitate such an image recovery ?  Rick, if you are reading this post, or have read this post, please respond to it.

13 minutes ago, hypercat said:

asking me if i want to share a particular image

Paint.NET asked you if you wanted to share an image? I find that hard to believe. or was that just a typo of save?

14 minutes ago, hypercat said:

.WHY did the PDN system NOT show me a picture of THAT special image i was working on, but an UNWANTED image, when it asked me if i wanted to save it ?

In the save prompt, Paint.NET shows you thumbnails of all unsaved images. Perhaps you just noticed the first one, but not the others.

If you didn't save your image to disk, then it was cleared from memory and doesn't exist anymore.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Paint.NET will either show you the 1 image that's unsaved, or all unsaved images (when closing the app). You told it not to save it. Therefore, it's gone, and it cannot be recovered. Paint.NET did what you told it to do. I'm pretty sure you just misunderstood the prompt that came up.

Don't forget to save your images regularly.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg