Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Pyrochild's Gridwarp can do this.

Select and copy each half of the image to different layers then warp each separately and use a black background layer. Use a small grid (fewer lines) and just move the control points horizontally.

 

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

 

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Red ochre said:

Pyrochild's Gridwarp can do this.

Select and copy each half of the image to different layers then warp each separately and use a black background layer. Use a small grid (fewer lines) and just move the control points horizontally.

I was kinda hoping I could avoid splitting layers. Thanks anyway. I'll keep it in mind. Also isn't there a chance of parts of the layers overlapping each other with that method? I wanna try avoiding that. If there's no other option, then it's ok.

Edited by More-Than-Weird Al
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, More-Than-Weird Al said:

Also isn't there a chance of parts of the layers overlapping each other with that method?

Select one part, copy/paste to new layer then Edit/Invert selection, copy paste to another new layer. (Make sure you're back on the original layer when copying).

 

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

 

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some additional thoughts:

 

Make a Rectangular Selection half the width of the canvas.
Then Cut / Paste into New Layer.
(There will be no overlap)


Flip the layer horizontally.
Toggle off visibility and make the unflipped layer active.
Apply Grid Warp.


Make the flipped layer visible and active.
Press Ctrl F to have Grid Warp repeat what it did to the first layer,

then flip the layer back to its original position.

 

That's the process I used to do this.
(Except Liquify was used rather than Grid Warp.)
 

image.png.e6547a91152050473c88aa0b0adace28.png


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ardneh said:

Some additional thoughts:

 

Make a Rectangular Selection half the width of the canvas.
Then Cut / Paste into New Layer.
(There will be no overlap)


Flip the layer horizontally.
Toggle off visibility and make the unflipped layer active.
Apply Grid Warp.


Make the flipped layer visible and active.
Press Ctrl F to have Grid Warp repeat what it did to the first layer,

then flip the layer back to its original position.

 

That's the process I used to do this.
(Except Liquify was used rather than Grid Warp.)
 

image.png.e6547a91152050473c88aa0b0adace28.png


 

Interesting. I undrstand your method. Thanks for your suggestions!

Edited by More-Than-Weird Al
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...