Outlining Text (How to do this)

Hello @Vivian Alexander and welcome to the forum :)

I have tried this out and it works fine.  Please make sure you are using the same blue color as the author, which is 2EA2FF.  Then after the first glow, you must press Ctrl + F until you get the dark outline you like.

• Thanks 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• Ego Eram Reputo changed the title to Outlining Text (How to do this)

Thanks Vivian for the How Tos . Most interesting, informative  and a great video presentation. Fast enough to keep it moving along and yet slow enough to actually see what you're saying /doing, unlike so many on the UTube  that race along at warp speed with out a sniggle of explanation as to what is going on. Again, Thank You  Well Done. 

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Just want to say thank you. This is my first look at your videos but I'm just delighted.  Well done!

EXCEPT I CAN'T GET IT TO WORK!  I've followed the steps exactly, using blue, setting the Glow to 1 and 100, and CTRL+F'ing over and over, and nothing. I've tried it with and without first selecting the text with a dotted box (normal select tool) - doesn't make any difference. Run CRTL+F like ten times, and just nothing.  Grrr.  Please help

Edited by Billy Pilgrim

2 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

EXCEPT I CAN'T GET IT TO WORK!  I've followed the steps exactly, using blue, setting the Glow to 1 and 100, and CTRL+F'ing over and over, and nothing. I've tried it with and without first selecting the text with a dotted box (normal select tool) - doesn't make any difference. Run CRTL+F like ten times, and just nothing.  Grrr.  Please help

@Billy Pilgrim please note:

1. The OP, Vivian Alexander, has not visited the forum since September 2021 so you are unlikely to get any response from them.

2. And in any case, Vivian Alexander is not the creator of the video. It was created by a YouTube user called Yakobelt, so you won't get an answer from them here.

3. The video was made 10 years ago using paint.net 3.5.10. The usage in the current version of paint.net may well be different.

4. You have revived a thread that is long dead. Please read the Forum Rules and note Rule #11.

5. Please do not write in all caps, as it comes across as shouting. Please read the Forum Rules and note Rule #3.

You are a long term member of the forum, so you should know the above.

Please start a new topic and explain clearly what you are trying to achieve, and where you are getting stuck. People will give you help there.