Outline Recolor

Hello, I would like to know how to change my outline color without the color being pixelated and without using hue and saturation tool, I want to treat the line as if I am using the paint bucket tool but when the line changes opacity's I want the color to change opacity's and not be a full color. Another way to explain this in a less confusing way is digital artists making an outline that is black and then wanting to transform that black outline to match the color of whatever is close to the outline.

Hello, I would like to know how to change my outline color without the color being pixelated and without using hue and saturation tool, I want to treat the line as if I am using the paint bucket tool but when the line changes opacity's I want the color to change opacity's and not be a full color. Another way to explain this in a less confusing way is digital artists making an outline that is black and then wanting to transform that black outline to match the color of whatever is close to the outline.

49 minutes ago, maeosu said:

Another way to explain this in a less confusing way is digital artists making an outline that is black and then wanting to transform that black outline to match the color of whatever is close to the outline.

Perhaps it's just me, but that's still plenty confusing. An example of something similar might help.

10 hours ago, maeosu said:

is digital artists making an outline that is black and then wanting to transform that black outline to match the color of whatever is close to the outline.

You could select the outline with the magic wand, make a new layer and fill it with the color you want.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.