How do you get the transparent background to show?

Hello @Ohgodmanyo and welcome :)

To save an image with a transparent background, save it as a .png.  Then, when you bring it into Paint net again, you will see the checkerboard:

transp-button.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thank you @Pixey, although this does not fully answer my question. If I were to upload the file to the internet, it would be removed. How would I be able to make one that isn't read as invisible, and you can still see the checkerboard. Sorry to be pestering you with my questions. Thanks!

On 6/30/2020 at 6:14 PM, Ohgodmanyo said:

Thank you @Pixey, although this does not fully answer my question. If I were to upload the file to the internet, it would be removed. How would I be able to make one that isn't read as invisible, and you can still see the checkerboard. Sorry to be pestering you with my questions. Thanks!

Another thing you can do if the image is small enough to fit in the frame in Paint.Net (View Port?). 

Take a screen shot with Alt + Print Screen.

Then in Paint.Net select Edit > Paste in New Image.

Then take the selection tool and draw a rectangle around the view port in Paint.Net, click Image > Crop To Selection, and you have your image with the checkered squares.

Incidentally, I tried using those checker boxes on my site https://pixeldatabase.net, and it hurts my eyes to stare at those squares for long periods of time, so I used a background with dark colored squares.

DailyNewsScreenShot With Squares.png

Edited by DataJuggler