Rotate/Zoom tool

Hi When using by second time rotate/zoom toll CTR+shift +z, i mean after reopening it, the resize value is not 1 but previously set, which means just after opening the tool i get immediately commiting pixels message and having resize of same factor as previously. This is not intended right? Because its a bit annoying when using multiply times this tool. I have to every time wait for commiting changes and reset to value 1 again.

Nearly all Paint.Net Effects repeat the previously-used settings when reopened. That's often a useful feature, but sometimes -- as in your case -- it's not. Unfortunately, as far as I know, there's nothing you can do about it.

(You mention on another thread that you edit gigantic images. That's no doubt responsible for turning what would normally be a minor inconvenience into a major annoyance.)

Each of the controls have a reset button. Look for the blue swoosh arrow to the right of the control. Clicking the button will reset the control to it's default value.

rotatezoom.png

• Like 1

I understand @sirdaniel's problem to be that he has large images, and doesn't like waiting for the delay caused by initially rendering the image with the wrong scale factor. As  @Ego Eram Reputo point's out, the controls have reset buttons. Very possibly, pressing the reset button on the Zoom control while Rotate/Zoom is rendering the initial image will abort the process, and immediately restart it with the 1 default. If it doesn't work that way, I think it could probably be made to do so.

• Like 1

If rendering a large image is a problem, open a small 'work' image and run Rotate/Zoom on that in order to hit the 'reset'.