Save As - Explicit

I don't remember doing any updates, I normally save my work as opaque, or Explicit if they have transparent layers. All of a sudden something changed when I use "Save as", I used to have only about 4 -5 choices, and I only used the top (2) in the drop-down window, opaque or Explicit.

But now those two choices are gone (not present), and I have (17) choices. They are BC1 - BC7, linear or non-linear. I'm editing graphics that are of dds file format. I bring graphics in as png files, and save as dds.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AxfqWLoLHlztIFaQTDAMI_m27PvxXui2

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bcNGsXwyjZDZpQjAMsJ2D9XmKikIFKlF

28 minutes ago, HC1Gunner said:

I don't remember doing any updates, I normally save my work as opaque, or Explicit if they have transparent layers. All of a sudden something changed when I use "Save as", I used to have only about 4 -5 choices, and I only used the top (2) in the drop-down window, opaque or Explicit.

The DDS support was upgraded in Paint.NET 4.2.2.

The "Opaque" format is linear BC1 (DXT1), the "Explicit" format is linear BC2 (DXT3).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait