What are plugins?

Im only new to doing anything with a photo editing tool and i just cant understand any of the talk.

All i want to do is change 1 photo and i cant even do that even looking at tuturiols.

People say to get plug ins what the hell is that?

Not everyone is a computer wizz and people think beginners are stupid well yes i am d like to learn without getting put down for it.

No-one thinks your stupid because you don't know about graphics. If you asked me in January what a plugin was i wouldn't have only gave a blank stare. :)

A plugin is an add on to the base program, you'll find heaps of plugins in the plugin section and installation guides can be found there as well. I seriously recommend these as they make the program 100x more powerful and easy to use.

Nobody thinks you are stupid, so there is no reason to have such an attitude, asking is not a shame, we are all here to learn and help each other where we can, but asking with a please sometimes is better!

If you just downloaded newest (3.35) version of paint.net, first thing to do is to look http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/en/index.html and to this tutorial viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21605&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

or you might watch this video

then just get acquaintanced with it, start playing with it, select the tools , select the colors from the color palette, add new layers, fill one with a color, add an other layer, play with brush tool, play with the effects and see what happens, play with layers blending modes, go to the tutorial section and try to follow an easy one, b.t.w. plug-ins are effects that you can add and download from here viewforum.php?f=16&st=0&sk=t&sd=d&start=0

Enjoy yourself and welcome to the forum,

Ciao!

No-one thinks your stupid because you don't know about graphics. If you asked me in January what a plugin was i wouldn't have only gave a blank stare. :)

A plugin is an add on to the base program, you'll find heaps of plugins in the plugin section and installation guides can be found there as well. I seriously recommend these as they make the program 100x more powerful and easy to use.

Nobody thinks you are stupid, so there is no reason to have such an attitude, asking is not a shame, we are all here to learn and help each other where we can, but asking with a please sometimes is better!

If you just downloaded newest (3.35) version of paint.net, first thing to do is to look http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/en/index.html and to this tutorial viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21605&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

or you might watch this video

then just get acquaintanced with it, start playing with it, select the tools , select the colors from the color palette, add new layers, fill one with a color, add an other layer, play with brush tool, play with the effects and see what happens, play with layers blending modes, go to the tutorial section and try to follow an easy one, b.t.w. plug-ins are effects that you can add and download from here viewforum.php?f=16&st=0&sk=t&sd=d&start=0

Enjoy yourself and welcome to the forum,

Ciao!

^^^

See, there's no need to get so defensive. If you ask nicely and follow the rules, we have many friendly and helpful people!

Having an attitude and being a jerk will get one banned fast, however.

Oh, and check here to find out about what are plugins. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plugin

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Ah yes. Plugins. I remember when paint.net had very few. These are powerful little tools that extend the abilities of the program. Be patient and keep reading. It looks like you've got some good resources to investigate so I will spare you any more links. Most important - have fun.

I had to have the motherbooard replaced on the old laptop and the plugins were not backed up so I have to go out and collect my favorites all over again :evil:

ray.png