Creating a circular array?

I'm getting into making watch faces for Samsung's Galaxy Watch and would like to create my own graphics.  Obviously this will require me create and copy artwork in very exacting circular pattern either by calling out the degrees or number of copies.   It would be very similar to making a gear I would suspect.  

The problem is that I cant seem to find any tool or plugin to accomplish this.   

Any help or suggestion?

Thanks

I tried the gear plug in.  Very nice,but not sure I understand how it works or if it will work for me.  

I found the below video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCQxG9ni8Ic  

The Kaleidoscope plug in appears to do exactly what I am wanting.  I'm thinking of creating a shape such as a triangle and making 12 evenly spaced copies around in a circular shape.   Will the Gears plugin do this?   The Kaleidoscope plugin appears to no longer exist.

Edited by broderp

Why not use BoltBait's Polygon/Stars v4.5 plugin to create a circle by setting the verticies slider to 100 on a square transparent layer.

Next duplicate that layer and use the Bucket Tool to fill the outside of the circle to create a mask for later.
(Make sure that masking color is different than the circle and centerlines color and anti-aliasing  is disabled for this  whole project)

Now create a new transparent layer and on this layer use the Effects/Render/Centerlines option to divide the circle into quarters.

Rotate the circle 30 degrees with Layers/ Rotate-Zoom option and run the Centerlines option again.

Now rotate the circle 30 degrees and run the Centerlines option a third time.

Now you have a 12 slice circle.

You can place the mask layer on top and merge down, then delete the outside mask color.
(Or you can skip the masking and just erase the lines outside of the circle)

Edited by HyReZ

2 hours ago, broderp said:

I'm thinking of creating a shape such as a triangle and making 12 evenly spaced copies around in a circular shape.   Will the Gears plugin do this?

Unfortunately, no. The Gear plugin is good for drawing various symmetric shapes, and determining positions about a circle, but it won't copy images to the locations. That would be a useful plugin, but I don't recall anything currently like that.

Does this look like what you are trying to do?

45947819194_91908cddec_q.jpg

WatchFace by Andrew Donaldson, on Flickr

1. Spoked Wheel

2. Paste from Clipboard 3 times

3. Mirror left over right / Top over bottom

4. Add Layer and run the clock plugin. Make adjustments as necessary

5. Flatten image

6. Add gradients.

Although the image is scaled down to allow posting, more detail could be added at each step. 

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png