Print error message, but no details!

I have looked through the forum but see no solution to the printing error messages I am now receiving when attempting to print... I have the latest version of Paint.Net...  This is the first time I have not been able to print from the program... Is this an error related to the OS...? (I use the latest Windows OS)

Error message when attempting to print:

"Your pictures can't be printed because this error occurred: "

(3 error message boxes open, but NO details are given as to WHAT the error IS!)

After closing the error message boxes, all that shows in the print dialog box is a 'Generating preview...' indicator with a progress bar running, but nothing further happens

Clicking on 'Diagnostics' only gives the following and there is nothing in the 'crash log' folder:

Application    paint.net 4.0.21 (Final 4.21.6589.7045)
Build Date    Monday, January 15, 2018
Install type    Classic

Hardware accelerated rendering (GPU)    True
Animations    True
DPI    96.00 (1.00x scale)
Language    en-US

OS    Windows 10 Home x64 (10.0.16299.0) (0x65)
.NET Runtime    4.0.30319.42000
Physical Memory    15,820 MB

CPU    AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics    
    Speed    ~1497 MHz
    Cores / Threads    4 / 4
    Features    DEP, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4_1, SSE4_2, XSAVE

Video Card    AMD Radeon HD 8330
    Dedicated Video RAM    492 MB
    Dedicated System RAM    0 MB
    Shared System RAM    7,910 MB
    Vendor ID    0x1002
    Device ID    0x9832
    Subsystem ID    0x2B18103C
    Revision    0
    LUID    0x00008848
    Flags    None
    Outputs    2

Video Card    Microsoft Basic Render Driver
    Dedicated Video RAM    0 MB
    Dedicated System RAM    0 MB
    Shared System RAM    7,910 MB
    Vendor ID    0x1414
    Device ID    0x008C
    Subsystem ID    0x00000000
    Revision    0
    LUID    0x00008EE0
    Flags    Software
    Outputs    0

"...life is what happens to you while you're busy makin' other plans..." john lennon

Are you able to print something from another program: Microsoft Word; Notepad; Web browser?

If you can't than it is either your machine or the printer but if you can than it may be something wrong with your Paint.NET installation.

Edited by SodiumEnglish

@SodiumEnglish - Thanks for your reply... Yes, I can print from other programs, no problem... It's only Paint.Net that is the problem program at this time... The program works fine other than the printing part...

@Woodsy - Sorry for 'breaking rule #3' on posting to the forum - I do know that using all uppercase within the body of a message - be it here or some other forum - is frowned upon, and to use your word: 'rude' (I get it - it is the same as shouting)...  I've posted in many a forum and this is the first one with a rule about not using an all uppercase title for a message...

In the future, on this forum, I will refrain from using all UPPERCASE in the title of a posting... :P  You have yourself a good day...

"...life is what happens to you while you're busy makin' other plans..." john lennon

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Print error message, but no details!

No problem, Woodsy... You're probably correct that '...one of the mods would have mentioned it.', but I would have responded the same way to their 'call out' as I did to yours... You were just doing your job... You can tell from my 'record' on here, my postings and replies could be categorized under a 'rare' category...

I did take a look at 'rule #3', but 'rule #6' probably would have applied as well... :grin:

Feel free to, if it is possible, to correct my message title to how it should be - I don't have a problem with that...

Take care...

28 minutes ago, ScootCoot said:

Yes, I can print from other programs, no problem... It's only Paint.Net that is the problem program at this time...

Ok, but most other programs don't use the 'Print Pictures' dialog from Windows.

Do your error messages appear before or after the 'Print Pictures' dialog is shown?

printPictures.png

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Thanks for the reply, toe_head2001... The error messages appear as soon as I click on the print icon in the program - usually 3, one right after another, then the print dialog box opens, and when I click on 'Print" in the dialog box, the error messages appear again... Clicking the 'Print" button in the dialog box, four error messages appear one right after another and I have to close each error message box... Again, there are no details shown as to what the error is... And, no diagnostic log is created other than what I pasted in my first message...

It's a mystery to me because I never had any problems printing from Paint.Net before... :(

I'm pretty sure it's not on my end - i.e., my printer or system...

Ok, let's try to eliminate some variables.

You can also invoke the 'Print Pictures' dialog from Windows Explorer (or the Desktop).

Please right click on one of your image files, and select 'Print' from the context menu. Do the error messages appear?

printPicturesMenu.png

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Thanks, toe_head2001... Here's a screenshot of what happened when I did the right click, print as you suggested...

printpictures-dialogbox.PNG.a085b94a97f55445e053b9201d767dc9.PNG

As you can see, an error message but not details as to what the errors are...

Thanks, BoltBait... You're probably correct... I spoke to soon before running the test that toe_head2001 suggested... <sigh>

Guess I will have to spend the time figuring it out thanks to HP and Microsoft... :-) <another sigh>

Appreciate all the feedback from everyone...!