printing a pattern in windows 7

HI all,

I have been able to resize my scroll saw patterns in paint.net but when I go to print it opens this window and it shows my size I have put my picture to, but it prints it out larger than what I had set. I am printing a pattern on a full sheet of paper, but say I only want it to be 3.5 in tall x 3.5 in wide. I am not doing photos so do I have to save this and load it into word as an insert and then print it our what. I am trying to stay simple

Thanks

Bill

6 minutes ago, nrscroller said:

...but say I only want it to be 3.5 in tall x 3.5 in wide. I am not doing photos so do I have to save this and load it into word...

You have to specify your printsize, format and so on in your PRINTER SETTINGS. Thats not the job of any Image editing software itself.

You're too quick Iron67, there are other options.

@nrscroller have a look at this plugin 

I believe it will assist you to customize the print size.

The installation instructions in the plugin thread are for Classic paint.net, if you have the Windows Store version you should read this https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html#4

You're too quick Iron67, there are other options.

@nrscroller have a look at this plugin 

I believe it will assist you to customize the print size.

The installation instructions in the plugin thread are for Classic paint.net, if you have the Windows Store version you should read this https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html#4

13 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

You're too quick Iron67, there are o5 her options.

It's more a general decision than a "too quick" answer. Sure, Plugins exist and in other applications may exist direct settings, but I'm oldfashioned. If I want print something, I use my printer settings. I don't want be dependent on the editing application.

Edited by IRON67