>pdn to photo print?

Newbie here and sorry to be such a Gommer. Created a .pdn image by cropping onto a 7.75" high x 9.75" wide paint.net canvas.  Now want to photo print same image into 8 x 10 photo using Walmart kiosk. How do I convert the .pdn image 1 to 1 into a .bmp or .jpg file that Walmart will recognize?

Thanks for your help.

If it's a PDN format image with more than one layer, you should first make a flattened version. so it has a single layer. Once it's one layer, use the "File>Save As..." command, then for the "Save as type" in the save menu, choose JPEG or BMP. (Do photo-kiosks support png?)

As far as the size stuff, I'm far from an expert, but it's been my experience that as long as the image aspect ratio is the same as you want to print (as it is in this case), the kiosk photo-printers will resize it correctly to fit the print size. (As I recall, if the aspect ratio is wrong, they crop it in the too-long direction.)

No it can't*. You should use File > Save As... to specify a NEW filename and extension.

* If the file is still open, you can use UNDO to revert to the pre-flattened stage.

No it can't*. You should use File > Save As... to specify a NEW filename and extension.

As long as the extension is different (for instance, .jpeg instead of .pdn) there won't be a problem with not changing the filename. I do it all the time.

I usually use Edit>Select All, then Edit>Copy Merged, followed by Edit>Paste into New Image. I then save the new image. I prefer it to Flattening and then Undoing.That sequence can be done with Ctrl+Shift+C, Ctrl+Alt+V. (Note that no Select All is required for the keyboard shortcut version. The shortcut Copy Merged works without it.)