software hangs on layer changes

Whenever i have many layers (20 max) the software seems to halt on changes in the layer menu only. I store multi layered .pdn files as templates and these usually affect the software the moment they are loaded, but not if they are just created. In the past resizing would tend to glitch, the last few versions have the layer issue stalling it sometimes totally beyond restoring. I suspected the new version being the problem, using a previous 3.5 version solved the issue. any suggestions?

Unusual. I've not heard of this problem before.

Have you tried running the PdnRepair utility? Find it in your paint.net directory e.g. C:\Program Files\paint.net\PdnRepair.exe

Are there any crash log reported? Look in :Settings:Settings > Diagnostics > Open Crash Log folder

If that fails to solve the problem, go to :Settings:Settings > Diagnostics > Copy to Clipboard. Paste the results into a post here.

While you have the Settings dialog open - try disabling the animations. Just to see..you never know.

Unusual. I've not heard of this problem before.

Have you tried running the PdnRepair utility? Find it in your paint.net directory e.g. C:\Program Files\paint.net\PdnRepair.exe

Are there any crash log reported? Look in :Settings:Settings > Diagnostics > Open Crash Log folder

If that fails to solve the problem, go to :Settings:Settings > Diagnostics > Copy to Clipboard. Paste the results into a post here.

While you have the Settings dialog open - try disabling the animations. Just to see..you never know.

I didn't know there were log files or tools, should have checked. I will reproduce it when i'm finished editing a folder with the older version. The latest version was uninstalled after reinstalling with the same effect, So i'm pretty sure i can reproduce it and post log files. If it is such an unfamiliar error, logically it must be my computer which turned out to be totally virus or other malware free by the way. The .pdn file in question is 1000x1000 px, this file has only 5 layers which are mostly transparant. I'll post logs later.

Edited by djesper