A way to make noise using a palette

Hola loco, :)

One way to achieve this is using different layers for each color.

1. Apply Add noise to a white layer. (The noise will range between black and gray)

2. Make the white color transparent using an effect : Color Cut, Color remover, Remove colors, ... (The choice is yours)

3. Adjust Levels and increase the black level . The gray noise should become black.

4. Now, we need to give color to our black noise. I used the Color Flip/Replace effect.

Create a new layer and repeat the above for every color you wish to obtain. 

loco-noise-4ddfcf2.png

Edited by Eli
  • Upvote 1

Hello. :)

Thank you Eli for those tips and suggestions.

For anyone who is new and doesn't know about built-in effects and plugin effects, I just wanted to point out...

2. Make the white color transparent using an effect : Color Cut, Color remover, Remove colors, ... (The choice is yours)

Although the effects mentioned here could help, I would like to mention that these effects are not built into paint.net, they are plugin effects. You will need to download and install these effects in order to see them in your effects menu and use them.

How to install plugins? http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/1708-how-to-install-pluginsgeneral-plugin-troubleshooting-thread/

You can find all of paint.net's plugins in the plugin index : http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/15260-plugin-index/

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Generate the noise with random colors, then use Curtis's Selective Palette plugin.

(There was some discussion recently about problems with Curtis's plugins under PDN 4.0.5. I just tried the Selective Palette plugin, and it seems to work fine. It's quite cool.)

EDIT: One thing I don't like about the Curtis plugins it that they seem slow down PDN startup very noticeably. Without them, PDN begins almost immediately on my system; with them, it takes a number of seconds to start up, and pauses a number of seconds when I first access the Effects menu. Quite strange, and bothersome enough that I copied the Curtis files into a subdirectory, and will only put them in the Effects directory if I need them.

Edited by MJW

Hola loco, :)

One way to achieve this is using different layers for each color.

1. Apply Add noise to a white layer. (The noise will range between black and gray)

3. Adjust Levels and increase the black level . The gray noise should become black.

4. Now, we need to give color to our black noise. I used the Color Flip/Replace effect.

Create a new layer and repeat the above for every color you wish to obtain. 

Thank you! It works very well.