Plugin Index - now with sample forum post!

I have one or two difficulties with this approach. Here's one:

Illnab1024's plugin Channel Mixer Greyscale (aka Advanced Greyscale)

Photo or Color? Both??

Like I said previously, its not going to be easy to separate some plugins to a distinct category or field. We may have to duplicate where crossovers appear to exist.

Other than that, I love your list Simon.

I have one or two difficulties with this approach. Here's one:

Illnab1024's plugin Channel Mixer Greyscale (aka Advanced Greyscale)

Photo or Color? Both??

Like I said previously, its not going to be easy to separate some plugins to a distinct category or field. We may have to duplicate where crossovers appear to exist.

Other than that, I love your list Simon.

Slightly different presentation:

3D Heightmap v1.0 by Spikehead777. Takes current image as a height map & shines a light on it, returning the intensity of reflected rays as another image (similar to Emboss)

Add Noise by MadJik. Adds “noise” to a selection

Add/Remove/Recover Watermark by Evan Wallace (Removed). Removed by author due to possible copyright abuses

Advanced Color Replacement by silverhammer. Recolors every pixel a different amount based on how similar it is to the secondary color.

Advanced Tools by LFC4EVER. The most awesome collection of tools ever produced for PDN. Note original post date!

Alias Plugin (Feather's New Best Friend!) by Mike Ryan. Removes antialiasing. Useful prior to feathering

Slightly different presentation:

3D Heightmap v1.0 by Spikehead777. Takes current image as a height map & shines a light on it, returning the intensity of reflected rays as another image (similar to Emboss)

Add Noise by MadJik. Adds “noise” to a selection

Add/Remove/Recover Watermark by Evan Wallace (Removed). Removed by author due to possible copyright abuses

Advanced Color Replacement by silverhammer. Recolors every pixel a different amount based on how similar it is to the secondary color.

Advanced Tools by LFC4EVER. The most awesome collection of tools ever produced for PDN. Note original post date!

Alias Plugin (Feather's New Best Friend!) by Mike Ryan. Removes antialiasing. Useful prior to feathering

I think including old plugins that do not work anymore/are included in PDN/have been removed in a separate category would be better ; Normal users don't want those.

A presentation suggestion :

3d Heightmap (Spikehead777)

Takes current image as a height map & shines a light on it, returning the intensity of reflected rays as another image (similar to Emboss)

Add Noise (MadJik)

Adds “noise” to a selection.

I think including old plugins that do not work anymore/are included in PDN/have been removed in a separate category would be better ; Normal users don't want those.

A presentation suggestion :

Takes current image as a height map & shines a light on it, returning the intensity of reflected rays as another image (similar to Emboss)

Add Noise (MadJik)

I think keeping them is worth while - if just for reference as to what has become of them. This way a reference to an old plugin can be looked up and the inbuilt effect or updated plugin can be found.

Add Noise (MadJik)

I like the splitting into separate lines for the Name & Auther vs the description/function.

Can anyone tell me what codes I need to send to the forum to create a carriage return & linefeed? My memory tells me it was hex 0D0A or something similar.

I think keeping them is worth while - if just for reference as to what has become of them. This way a reference to an old plugin can be looked up and the inbuilt effect or updated plugin can be found.

Add Noise (MadJik)

I like the splitting into separate lines for the Name & Auther vs the description/function.

Can anyone tell me what codes I need to send to the forum to create a carriage return & linefeed? My memory tells me it was hex 0D0A or something similar.

\r\n

Probably.

Couldn't get that to work, but did find that adding CHR(10) to a text string worked fine.

Thanks Simon.

\r\n

Probably.

Couldn't get that to work, but did find that adding CHR(10) to a text string worked fine.

Thanks Simon.

I've come up with this layout, after a fair bit of fiddling with the BBcodes, and throwing in instances of CHAR(13) as a linefeed character:

Sample Layout - Alphabetical List of Plugins

Hidden Content:

Sample Layout - Plugin List by Author

Hidden Content:

I plan to post these lists over the weekend (see *.pdf files in original post for full lists). I'll use the show/hide, as above, so that users don't have to scroll through the first list if they wish to view the second list. Further lists (plugin by category) can be added at a later stage.

Anyone have further recommendations? Corrections??

Now is your chance....,

I've come up with this layout, after a fair bit of fiddling with the BBcodes, and throwing in instances of CHAR(13) as a linefeed character:

Hidden Content:

Hidden Content:

I plan to post these lists over the weekend (see *.pdf files in original post for full lists). I'll use the show/hide, as above, so that users don't have to scroll through the first list if they wish to view the second list. Further lists (plugin by category) can be added at a later stage.

Now is your chance....,

Hidden Content:

Hidden Content:

Now is your chance....,

Hidden Content:

Hidden Content:

Now is your chance....,

Funnily enough I was also working on something along these lines.

I was taking the approach of listing each plugin by its menu name (categorised by the main Paint.net Effects types). I was also running each plugin on a sample image (or blank image for render plugins).

Effects are such visual things I thought it was worth seeing what they are like.

e.g Parrot is orginal image, then apply each effect to it. So far I've done about 100 images.

I was thinking that it would help to have both the DLL filename (some effects are in combined dlls) and the menu name as well as a link to the relevant Plugin forum topic.

My ultimate intention was to have some web pages that would show the images and you could click on the link to see the thread about that plugin. (view the attached image to see what I mean)

30002_aa2e0dcc896cb5e29499256e160ec129

Don't know what plugin to use? Try looking in the plugin gallery

I was taking the approach of listing each plugin by its menu name (categorised by the main Paint.net Effects types). I was also running each plugin on a sample image (or blank image for render plugins).

Effects are such visual things I thought it was worth seeing what they are like.

e.g Parrot is orginal image, then apply each effect to it. So far I've done about 100 images.

I was thinking that it would help to have both the DLL filename (some effects are in combined dlls) and the menu name as well as a link to the relevant Plugin forum topic.

My ultimate intention was to have some web pages that would show the images and you could click on the link to see the thread about that plugin. (view the attached image to see what I mean)