Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pebal

RAW File

68 posts in this topic

what are .raw files for??

arw, cf2, cr2, crw, dng, erf, mef, mrw, nef, orf, pef, raf, raw, sr2, x3f

This is a dcraw based raw file reader plugin for Paint.NET.

Where do you install this raw filereader plugin for Paint.NET, and how do you use it. I placed it in Paint.NET\Effects, Paint.NET\FileTypes, and even My Documents\Paint.NET User Files. None of those directories worked. Thanks for your time.

You had it right with Paint.Net/Filetypes/.

Once installed, restart PDN. Now you can use the file>>open to import *.RAW files.

Once installed, restart PDN. Now you can use the file>>load to import *.RAW files.

Where do I go to use "file>>load to import"?

I presume he means:

Once installed, restart PDN. Now you can use the "file->open" to import *.RAW files.

Thanks for your reply.

I presume he means:

Quote:

Once installed, restart PDN. Now you can use the "file->open" to import *.RAW files.

I tried your suggestion, Simon, but I kept getting an error dialogue box saying, "There was an error opening the file." I know the file is good, because IrfanView and PC Image Editor opens the file without any problem. Is there a way I can deal with this problem?

Try re-downloading it.

I redownloaded, deleted the first insallment, and installed the redownloaded one, but i still have the same problem.

If the programmer doesn't release the source code, that's his choice, you could try to PM him, but he has no obligation to release any code whatsoever.

If the programmer doesn't release the source code, that's his choice, you could try to PM him, but he has no obligation to release any code whatsoever.