Kerry's Projects

Kerry

Hello, all. I'm finally getting around to posting some of the pieces I've been playing around with.

This first one is a the result of a happy accident with Madjik's Radial Colors and Kaleidoscope.

th_flowers.png

The blue one's my favorite. It was the first one, and the best, I think.

th_blueflwr.png

"This first one is a the result of a happy accident with Madjik's Radial Colors and Kaleidoscope."

I think that is much more than a happy incident, is a very well done job, neat clean and really cute!

p.s.: for the sword you might try some of the tuts about brushed metal I think (there are more than one, latest one is from Ash)

Ciao ciao

Try experimenting with blend modes for the sword.

Will do. Thank you.

I love the flowers!!! How'd you manage to do the leaves? If you don't mind, could you please list the steps? :lol:

Thanks! Er...there were a bajillion fiddlings on those, and it's been a while since I made them. :? I think I started with a curve, duplicated and flipped the later to make the outside shape, then filled it with a linear reflected gradient...but it looks like I put another curve down the middle and blurred it because the gradient didn't give me a dark enough line. I did lighter lines around the outside edges to add more dimension. From there, I distorted; they're all the same leaf, distorted differently. I played around with bulge, twist, and sine waves.

I think that is much more than a happy incident, is a very well done job, neat clean and really cute!

p.s.: for the sword you might try some of the tuts about brushed metal

Thank you, and good idea.

I think those flowers are awesome. Can't wait to see your other projects.

Thanks! Wait--I'm supposed to have other projects? :shock:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...