Star Wars Blaster (reflect/scorch marks) Effects Request.

I am currently working on a stop-motion film using Star Wars figures. In doing so, the lightsaber effect was very useful (http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1717&start=0). But now I need a few more effects that can be applied through Paint.net. The two that I need most are a blaster reflect (Similar to the movies) that can create the jagged edge look of the bolt reflecting off in different directions. I also need to know how to make blaster scorch marks. If anyone could find a way to do either of these it will make my movie much better. If a plug-in could be developed as well it could make it much eaiser to get this movie done and out faster.

Thanks for looking at this post.

AsiansOnFire

Director

Ech0 Productions

PS: Paint.net would be credited as well as anyone who creates the method/tool for the effects.

Scorch marks can be effected using a splotch of black (try pyrochild's "Splatter" plugin) on a new layer, and playing with blending modes ("Color Burn" comes to mind).

As for the other effect, can you post an image of the kind of thing you're wanting? I'm not sure I understand. Even though I've seen the movies about thirty times each. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Never mind the deflect/reflect for blasters...looking back at the movies frame by frame they were just a blaster going at lightsaber, flash of light with a slight glow to it, then getting deflected. I think I can figure that out. A few more things I might need are Engine effects, sparks caused by blasters hitting objects like walls, and a hologram type effect. Thanks for the help so far.

What engine effects?

As for sparks, you might try the Glitter plugin (if it still works).

Hologram: put the object to be hologrammed on its own layer, and duplicate it; create a new layer above it, fill it with horizontal lines (which is an option for Flood Fill), then select the magic wand with 0 tolerance, hold down shift and select the lines, then switch to the top layer of the hologrammed item and hit delete. Then delete the layer with just the lines on it, blur the top layer of the hologram slightly and the one below it slightly more, and then drop the opacity on both down. Way down. :-)

Does this help?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.