Forum Suggestion: Hide Tags?

DecemberWinds

I've searched and I haven't found this suggestion yet so I think it's new. :D

Anyways, with more and more advanced tutorials being written, there are now more and more pictures in each post. Whenever I, an innocent slow internet user, clicks on a tutorial that looks cool, my computer freezes for like 2 minutes because of all the pictures. If we had "hide tags" we could hide the pictures until we really need to see them. That would save a lot of hassle. I've seen a lot of other forums use this tag so why shouldn't we use it?

Hidden Content:

The problem with Hide tags is that the browser still loads the image, it just doesn't display it until you show it.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

The problem with Hide tags is that the browser still loads the image, it just doesn't display it until you show it.

Not if you loaded the image with a blank placeholder and the image was changed on a click of the "Show" button.

KaHuc.png

Yeah, 'cause THAT wouldn't be a bunch of work... :roll:

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

oh, DUH. Wow, don't know why I didn't think of that...

I was trying to make it into something with javascript....and frames...and all sorts of insanity....

We can't do anything like this with the way the forums are being hosted by Forumer.

Even then, this is a problem that solves itself over time as more people get away from dial-up, so I don't believe it would warrant much effort to solve it anyway.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg