The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

@ Crazy Man Dan

Thief!!! :lol: j/k. I'm curious though, which ones did you rip off? :lol: Also, I see you're getting in-touch with your inner darkness! That skin for your site is wicked looking! It gives it that "artist touch".

@ SearedIce

Fontmania is a good term to describe it. lol Now, if they only made a "patch" or "gum" for that. Kinda like a "quit smoking patch/gum". :lol:

@ Rick

Lmao, even the icon for the pencil tool looks like it was drawn using the pencil. Too funny!!!1 <-- :lol: That screenshot gives me even more appreciation for Paint.NET and where it is to date!

@ Darren

Nice work! The light shining through the bullet holes is a nice effect. Hmm, that just gave me an idea...Thanks man!

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

@SearedIce:

Also, Dan, The skin looks nice, but my old CRT monitor doesn't get bright enough to see the details on the eye shape (same for the wallpaper versions). When looking at your backgrounds, I had to move them to Paint.NET and raise the contrast (and guess where you designed it to be). I'm just bringing this up because some others might have the same issue with monitor brightness.

I'm sorry about that! I don't have a CRT monitor on which to test, so I didn't know it looked differently to some viewers. The whole theme behind that background and corresponding site skin was darkness, with something glaring out at you, so I naturally made it darker with the shape of the creature barely descernable. Once I get everything transferred over to the new host (the host has had some downtime all weekend, so I haven't been able to finish it) I'll have a little function in place so the user can choose their own skin (I have three made right now). I guess you'll have to avoid that skin, or you can send me the corrected pictures and I can put together a new skin with those.

@Darren:

Dang, that's cool! (I love tactical anti-terrorist First Person Shooters, so that theme really strikes a chord with me :wink:.) Over on the right side of the image, is that arabic graffiti (looks like an arabic character set)? Also, the light filtering through the bullet holes is just plain cool.

\m/ >_< \m/

**Rock on!**

@aatwo:

Nice modern reproduction! But you forgot one thing: The colors palette needs to be open and in the upper-right corner! :wink:

@BuzzKill

Thief!!! Laughing j/k. I'm curious though, which ones did you rip off? Laughing Also, I see you're getting in-touch with your inner darkness! That skin for your site is wicked looking! It gives it that "artist touch".

Actually, you touched on the main thing I've taken from you: The Darkness. Just look at the Ragir background, then look at The Hungry Wolf, there's a major change in mood...

I guess the most concrete things I've taken from you have been from your sigbar:

DesktopOrbThumb.jpg

[Full Size]

That's a desktop background-in-progress. I took the PDN logo-in-an-orb and beveled circle thing straight from your sigbar. Also, I really like those green bars on your sigbar, and I wouldn't mind ripping off... erm... creating something inspired from... those.

I'm very picky when it comes to images, and you got's the style, man. :D

Also, I'm glad you like the new skin! As I mentioned up there, I'll be making a PHP thing to where the user will be able to choose in which skin they want to view my site, so you'll be seeing more of it! If you choose it, that is.

Since we're on the subject, I guess now would be a good time to mention it:

I'm opening up my site for anyone to skin. If you know your way around CSS, you too can make a skin for The Sketchpad! If anyone's interested, just let me know, and I'll post links to the CSS and HTM files along with simple directory tree instructions. The HTM cannot be changed, but the CSS is yours for the changing!

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Thanks guys. I've changed the picture recently, not by much, just removed the bottom 3 bullet holes (thought they were a bit OTT).

Yeah the fonts. The one on the far right isn't actualy arabic, its elfen.. or elven... those guys with pointy ears in Lord of the Rings... its called 'aelfa'. The text actualy reads "Angel of Death was ere' 1991".

The green text on the soldiers left and the blue text on the far right of the picture is arabic text, its called 'afarat ibn blady'. They're just random letters :P .

The text above the soldier is called 'aerosol' and I'm sure you know it reads "Bash", just a random word.

The wee hand on the soldiers right is from a font called 'all my hands', its the symbol for the number '7', I put it in because I thought it looked cool.

And thats it... I think, I also got some text in an up-to-date version of the pic that reads "Leave no man behind" (the name of the picture) printed on the top of the door in the 'base 02' font.

All the fonts you can get from dafont.com.

D.

Felinesigbar.jpg

@ CMD

I like how the orb is only sitting halfway (well, a little more than halfway) in the bar.

How are you getting your beveled edges so sharp and clean? I tried to do a background with a big orb in the middle surrounded by a beveled edge but i couldn't get it as sharp and clean as yours.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Yeah the fonts. The one on the far right isn't actualy arabic, its elfen.. or elven... those guys with pointy ears in Lord of the Rings... its called 'aelfa'. The text actualy reads "Angel of Death was ere' 1991".

Ah, I knew that font looked familiar from somewhere...

How are you getting your beveled edges so sharp and clean? I tried to do a background with a big orb in the middle surrounded by a beveled edge but i couldn't get it as sharp and clean as yours.

I did it the same way I do the orbs. I made the gradient fade from black to white, the I cut out a center circle and radial-blurred the edges smooth.

I don't know. That's the first way that occurred to me. How'd you do yours?

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Heres a picture of JC Denton from Deus ex. He is from the second best FPS game I have ever played.

Who ever posted about http://www.dafont.com is a jerk!!!! I spent several hours glued to the site downloading all of the amazing fonts. I could have been playing mouse trap in that time!!!!!

denton.png

And here is a green dude trapped in a bubble or something.

green2.jpg

And again, here is another green person lol. I don't know what I was thinking.

aatwoman.jpg

@ CMD

I never even thought of doing a circular beveled edge like that. I was doing them by... well, let's just say it was a long and cumbersome process and keep it at that. :lol:

@ aatwo

Once again, it is always great to see your drawings. Mouse trap huh? I remember that game. I also remember how the little plactic man would never quite make it into the the bowl. Wait! Am I thinking of the right board game here? I don't know lol. Anyway, keep them drawings coming!

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

This is something I've been fooling around with for the past hour or so. I think all that is missing is an old, creepy, broken down house sitting atop the smaller hill. In some areas I utilized Rick's new "Glow" plugin.

Anyway... Trick or Treat :!:

DeadMoon_sm.jpg

[Full Size]

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

Ye be warned. Long post.

@ Darren

That's an eye-catching picture you have there. It's awfully dark, I can't remember if I viewed it on my CRT initially or not, but I didn't notice any of the details anybody was talking about until I saw it on my laptop. Once again, though, that's definitely an eye-catching image, it's unique and I like the effect the light coming through the bulletholes provides.

@ Crazy Man Dan

Shiny things are great. I really should do that shiny orb tutorial someday, that really gives stuff a kind of.... hmm... "Apple" finish to them.

@ aatwo

Hehe. Green people are people too, remember. I'll admit -- I had to do a Google search for "Who the hell is JC Denton?" :D Nice stuff though. Do you pencil your stuff and bring it in to Paint.NET, or do you use a Wacom tablet, or do you mouse all of that? It's good. :)

@ SearedIce

Lol aatwo; nice stuff! Your images remind me of http://www.ultimateshowdown.org

Wow. Just... wow.

@ BuzzKill

Nice image. How'd you do the moon?

Well, I slept through most of the day, and decided to make a picture when I woke up at 3:00 AM. I wanted to go and get some ramen noodles, but damn it was cold downstairs, and that's not even where the ramen is. The garage would've been icy cold, and I'm perfectly comfortable under my warm laptop wrapped in an electric blanket.

Mmmm.

Anyways, I decided, "to hell with ramen!" But not really. This world would be a very, very depressing place sans ramen noodles. Fortunately, Earth is in no short supply of ramen, so I decided I'd make this pic and then brave the extreme cold temperatures of the downstairs. Here ya go.

proud9rj.th.jpg

The uh... thumbnail links to the full sizer. FYI.

I was rather proud of this image, as it marks a few milestones for me in Paint.NET. Nothing terribly significant... but...

• [*:865d0]First image completely done on my laptop.
    [*:865d0]First 2D space image EVAR.
    [*:865d0]Extensive use of blending modes.
    [*:865d0]Took me 1:15 to complete.
    [*:865d0]I'm really proud of that. :)
    [*:865d0]First use of like... a million layers.
    [*:865d0]I coulda sworn there was another bullety-thingy I was thinking about...

I'm fairly disappointed in that I didn't make it 1024x768 or 1280x1024. I think my laptop could've done at least a 1024x768 image just fine, and probably a 1280x1024 desktop wouldn't be asking too much for it. I need to get more RAM for this darn thing. :D

Oh wellz. I'm off to go and watch some webcasts from Spring Intel Developer Forum. Gotta keep up with the giggleflops and biggabytes.

-Pikl

Photobucket - Blog

Newest Film: Beowulf (Feel free to PM me comments, criticisms)

Nice image. How'd you do the moon?

The moon was originally a white full moon I grabbed off of an Encyclopedia Britannica DVD. Turning it red and keeping it looking right was the hardest thing. It took about a dozen layers, utilizing the Magic Wand quite a bit. I fooled around with a couple of blends but I can't recall if I ended up leaving them in or not. Turning it into a quater moon was fairly easy as you could imagine. I just put a black circle over it and blurred it. The slight red glow around the moon and clouds was done by putting a red circle over the moon, blurring it, reducing the opacity, and then stretching it. The whole process, just for the moon, took me about 45 minutes.

I orginally did this project for my nephew. After he saw my sigbar he wanted me to make him something. "Make me something spooky" were his exact words. So, that is what I came up with. I just hope he is happy with it. He's a picky 'lil prick! :lol:

Anyway, this is the final cut:

DeadMoon1_sm.jpg

[Full Size]

I burred the moon a little more since everything else has a blur to it.

That's a very impressive image you put together. There is one thing that caught my eye right off the bat. You can see more stars closer to the sun and less of them further from the sun. Seems like it should be the other way around. But hey, it's your masterpiece and you can make it however you want it. That's what make individuality so awesome! I can see why you're proud of it. Like I said earlier, impressive! :)

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

HOW DARE YOU not know who JC Denton is!!!! He is almost a god. Go and buy deus ex 1 from the bargain section in your nearest computer game shop and play it!!! You won't be dissapointed I promise.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The hill on the left has a nipple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But really I know it's a gravestone I'm just kiddin!! I think it looks awesome as it is and doesn't need a spooky house. And the mist is so realistic that it is amazing.

---------------------------------------------------------

What is this glow extension someone was tlaking about? :( I want one.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A_pickle that's a hubble photo stolen from the nasa website I swear! It is not humanly possible to create a picture of space that loooks that real :| You sir are a legend :|

@Buzzkill

Wow, thats a cool/spooky scene. Very nice clouds, how'd you do them? I suppose in a similar way I did the light. The moon is way cool too.

@A_Pickle

:shock: Amazing scene, I tried to make a scene of the earth and the sun a few days ago, I thought it was good till I saw your drawing. Very Cool. I'm a big space geek (STAR WARS ROCKS) so I paticularly find that nice.

@aatwo

I didn't see the nipple until you mentioned that... now its all I can see, with breast...!

Felinesigbar.jpg

The clouds were done by using the Freeform tool. I just made some shapes that I thought looked liked clouds and blurred them. I then made a new layer and put in some black markings over the clouds and blurred them as well. It gave the clouds a little more detail.

I also didn't notice the nipple thing untill aatwo said something. Like you Darren, that is all I notice now.

Thanks aatwo! You just had to point that out, didn't ya! :lol:

I was thinking of changing it before I gave it to my brat nephew but I decided to keep it as is. I just wonder if his mother (my sister) will notice it.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

What's it like? It's like the most frightful computer game ever created,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Shock_2

Much as the original System Shock's commercial defeat was at the hands of the mainstream Doom, System Shock 2, despite critical acclaim, was essentially eclipsed by Half-Life.

I had nightmares from playing that game it was so good.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Go and buy one!!! You can purchase one from your local vendor for about £20.

It is worth it because they are fun and mouses suck and when you are half way through drawing a line and your mouse spazzes out, you say bad words.

Before I got my graphics tablet I must've said at least 7 bad words out of anger!

----------------------------------------------------------

Incase anyone cares I drew this picture about 5 minutes ago because I was so bored from doing coursework.

He was originally holding a surfboard, but it looked like he was holding a totempole so I deleted it! And thats not his real hand! It's supposed to be one of those big foam hands. I love them!

surfer.png