Retrieving History Info

Hi,

I've had a bit of a search and I've found some postings about saving history with a view to re-applying that set of steps automatically. I mention that because that is NOT what I want.

I would like to be able to save the descriptions of each action from the history window. The reason is that I have started a distance learning course which may eventually lead to a BA Hons Degree in Photography (http://www.oca-uk.com) One of the key requirements is that I keep a log of what I do to produce the images I present for assessment. Clearly when I am working on an image the History knows what actions I have taken since the editing session began, and because I am a bit of a lazy sort and like to use technology where I can, I'd like to be able to save off the contents of the history log to a text file.

I suspect that's not possible, but no harm asking.

Neil

The Sky is a Beautiful Place

Sig2.jpg

Thanks Ash,

I did have a look at ScriptLab, but I got the idea it only worked on Effects. It doesn't seem to be capable of "recording" any actions from the Adjustments, Edit or Image or Layer menus. if I've got that wrong please let me know.

Neil

The Sky is a Beautiful Place

Sig2.jpg

Pyrochild, the author of ScriptLab hinted that it might move beyond the realm of a plugin sometime soon, though I cannot say for sure.

But I would love a notetaking guide for the history window with the ability to print it all out. It would be extremely helpful in writing tutorials and the like.

signature.png

I did have a look at ScriptLab, but I got the idea it only worked on Effects. It doesn't seem to be capable of "recording" any actions from the Adjustments, Edit or Image or Layer menus. if I've got that wrong please let me know.

Neil

It works with everything in Effects and Adjustments, as well as 1 item from the Layers menu: Rotate/Zoom.

Pyrochild, the author of ScriptLab hinted that it might move beyond the realm of a plugin sometime soon, though I cannot say for sure.
I don't recall saying "soon." If I did say that, then I was probably lying.... Sorry! :D

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!