Plugin error - pdn crash

My apologies, I have no idea where to place this.

I was using the light rays plugin, alpha and color gradient, and then went to move the slider to reduce the number of rays and this error occurred:

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\LightRays.dll

Effect Name: LightRays.LightRays

Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.

at System.Drawing.Drawing2D.LinearGradientBrush..ctor(PointF point1, PointF point2, Color color1, Color color2)

at LightRays.LightRays.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join()

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)

Again, my apologies if this is not the proper place for this post.

mastzg2.png

100% paint.net

One sad attempt at a sig, but it's all about the intellectual property rights anyways.

You should post it on the Plugin topic:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5231

Be sure you have the latest version as I was tracking this bug (and thought it was fixed)...

Download again the plugin!

This problem is linked to the gradient. If start point is too closed to the end point, error of memory!

Hopefully, the mods willl see fit to move it to its proper location.

Thank you for the information Madjik, I will download/replace the plugin and see if it corrects the problem.

mastzg2.png

100% paint.net

One sad attempt at a sig, but it's all about the intellectual property rights anyways.

I've moved it to Troubleshooting & Bug Reports, and I'm going to go ahead and lock it. If you have further problems, just post it on the thread for the plugin.

Thanks!

Thread Locked

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.