Find out what localized version is running

Toli

I wonder if it is possible to find out (from within a plugin) what localized version of Paint.NET is currently running, i.e. which PaintDotNet.Strings.3.*.resources is loaded (for example the System.Globalization.CultureInfo.Name) in order to be able to use localized strings in my plugin (using of course a different approach, because I do not have access to that files).

This would be very nice if possible, and if not, it would be very nice if made possible.

Thank You

Toli Cuturicu

Just use the CultureInfo.CurrentCulture stuff. PdnResources is a class that isn't guaranteed to even exist in the future, so if you use it then you risk having a broken plugin in the future.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 4 months later...

Sorry if it is an old topic, but I'm looking for an easy way to have my plugins in French and English depending on the language used in Paint.net.

The CultureInfo.CurrentCulture stuff gives which OS language is used. I'm having a French XP.

As I'm making some tutorial in English I would like to have the UI in english on the screenshot just as the menu of Paint.net.

I'm starting now to make tutorials for French. So I want to switch Paint.net and the plugins as well.

Any (new) idea ?