3.20 alpha 2 update

I'm also experience this bug, and when the update is downloaded, it can't be installed. After I close Paint.Net as the "update-manager" says, and the installation begins, it says that it doesn't have permission to the file (C:\Program Files\Paint.Net\Staging\PaintDotNet_107149113.msi).

I realised that when I installed the Alpha (1), I installed it in C:\Program Files\Paint.NET Alpha\ (in the hope, that I could use both 3.10 and the alpha). Unfortunately, nothing was installed in that folder, but Alpha 1 downloads the update in it, and forgets that it isn't placed in the app-folder C:\Program Files\Paint.Net :cry:

After I click "okay" to the "update-installation-file-not-found", Paint.Net says that it has detected that some important installation files are missing, and wants to repair FileTypes\DdsFileType.dll. :?

Alpha 2 downloaded just fine for me.

The cancel/close is probably intentional, but I didn't notice when it was switching.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Heh. That's hilariously trippy...

While the file is being downloaded, the "Cancel" button flickers between "Cancel" and "Close." I tried using CamStudio to capture the anomaly, and CamStudio saw nothing of the sort - in the final generated AVI, the button never wavers from "Cancel."

In my testing, though, I did notice that this flicker was not present in 3.08. I'm not sure about 3.10. I downgraded to 2.63, since it was the most recent version I still had the installer for, and its "Check for Updates" found 3.08 as the most recent version. While I was there, I tried the upgrade to 3.20A - no flicker.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

CamStudio saw nothing of the sort - in the final generated AVI, the button never wavers from "Cancel."

Framerate trick, to those wondering.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio