can you help with a glossy texture??

hi, im new to this forum, i jsut joined today, and ive only been usieng paint.net for about a month. i mod games which is why i orignally downloaded it, and i came to find out individually, its pretty nice. ive already downloaded quiet a few plug ins and stuff.

what i need help with, as you can tell by my avatar is the glossy/glassy feel :D . (that sounded dirty :) . because i cant quit get it right. i cna get it to look all around one color, but i cant quiet make it more white on top and slowly fade downwards. id post some of my pictures to show you guys what they look like so far, but someone's gotta please tell me how to do that. i know how to put a url though. so if someone can put a mini tut, that would help a lot, and if someone can also tell me what exactly the emboss effect does, id appreciate it.

prototypelambdasig2.png

the lambda symbol is the scientific symbol of all things decaying over a rapid period of time. Or in a different subject, the photographers term of an object moveing so fast it blurs the picture puposefully.

my deviant art/

my OLD sig tutorial

my myspace... it has more photos then DA

to make a glossy effect, and to make things look good, you can add a glow and use the feather plugin

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2498

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

to make a glossy effect, and to make things look good, you can add a glow and use the feather plugin

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2498

thanks, im gonig to try that. i currently makeing my sig stick. i already have the feather plug-in, but thanks.

prototypelambdasig2.png

the lambda symbol is the scientific symbol of all things decaying over a rapid period of time. Or in a different subject, the photographers term of an object moveing so fast it blurs the picture puposefully.

my deviant art/

my OLD sig tutorial

Basically, what you want to do is don't draw the white circle with the circle tool.

Instead, draw the circle with the circle selection tool. Then, fill that circle using the gradient tool going from white (primary color) to transparent (secondary color).

Basically, what you want to do is don't draw the white circle with the circle tool.

Instead, draw the circle with the circle selection tool. Then, fill that circle using the gradient tool going from white (primary color) to transparent (secondary color).

ok, well i jsut finished my signature, i used a technique i kinda taught myself... ill imply both of your strategys and post my work in the shape of orbs. if you guessed the colors would be red and black, your a genious. oh, and thanks you a lot for helping. i guess you could call me a...nub. (yes, that was a dry joke refering to the paint.net nubs)

prototypelambdasig2.png

my deviant art/

my OLD sig tutorial

ok, heres the mthod pan head suggested. (tell me if i did something wrong, as i stiall am prety knew, and yes, now ill start on the one you mentiond)

orbpractice1.gif

and heres the one with yours, bolt bait, which is actually exactly what i was lookin for!! thanks a bunch. but if anyone has a idea on how to make better spheres, like with the color shadeing on the top and bottom, that also would be apreciated. thanks a bundle.

orbpractice2.gif

prototypelambdasig2.png

my deviant art/

my OLD sig tutorial

thanks a lot guys, now i can make glossy stuff a lot bette. i wsa able to fix my raggedy old avatar and now i can make all the glassy tacky multi colored orbs i want.

prototypelambdasig2.png

my deviant art/

my OLD sig tutorial

your avatar look like you should use the feather blur though

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

Or, you can draw the circle with the circle tool, and do an up-to-down gradient on it with the gradient tool in transparency mode.