Portable Paint.NET

Hey!

This is Piney, I know it's been a long time but when my modem broke out I wasn't able to follow the answers on the board and eventually gave up... thought I have been visiting from time to time to download the new plugins.

Hmm, I remember having talked about this already, but the thread was cleaned up and I can't find it anymore.

What I need is a portable version of Paint.NET. I downloaded one off googles' but it didn't work... said I didn't have adequate priviledge to blah blah blah... :P Anyway, it would be for school, and this is what it needs to have:

-Work without admin priviledge

-No installation required

-Can be put on a USB drive

-Works about anywhere

If any of you could provide me with something as wonderful as this, it would be VERY useful, and I think Rick should put even put it on the main download page!

Thx a lot in advance,

PineappleQc

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan

I believe you can move the installation directory onto a flash drive and run it from there...

Oh, and welcome back, PQC! :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I believe you can move the installation directory onto a flash drive and run it from there...

Yup, just copy your installation directory (usually C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\) to your flash drive, and to run it, execute paintdotnet.exe.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Yes you can, although do be warned, portable applications are designed to leave no registry trace on the host computer and to prolong the life of the flash drive for as long as possible, the above method, despite usable, does neither.

Also, it can't work everywhere. My college has prevented the use of .exe applications from our network space, so portable applications are out of the question.

I also remember Rick saying that he had no interest in providing any other versions of Paint.NET in this regard; whether his views have changed or not is for him to state.

Yes, Myrddin, I believe my school has done that too, because I have tried numerous times with not result. However, I have been able to run things such as Pivot on the computer, which also uses a .exe... I have no idea what's happening!

Anyway, I remember that I had already talked about it earlier, and someone said he could do it easely... if this person is still alive, I would like it a lot if "it" could help me!

And ty for welcoming me back! I don't know if I'm gonna be able to stick arround like I used to, but I'll try!

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan