Why is it that I can't open my Shape3D file?

I 've just finished downloading the Shape3D by MKT. From what I 've read, there are tons of happy customers from what they are finding on this great piece of software.

My problem is, I 've downloaded Shape3D, extracted the file and saved it on my Desktop. When I open the file, a CAUTION box pops up saying, You 're attempting to open a file of type 'Application Extension' (.dll) These files are used by the operating system and by various programs. Editing or modifying them could damage your system. If you still want to open the file, click open or otherwise cancel.

I don't want to run the risk of opening the file and get everything on my pc system damaged? Has anyone experienced this? Was there something that I needed to download or have available on my PC first before I download Shape3D?

Thank you ahead and know that your help is appreciated.

Have you downloaded Paint.NET? If not you'll need it to run Shape 3D.

If you have downloaded paint.NET then you'll need to place the .dll file in your paint.NET effects folder (unless you changed where paint.NET was installed to it'll be C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects).

Shape 3D appears under the Render Sub-Menu.

Hope that this helps :)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

In the future, you'll find yourself having better results posting the question in the thread about the plugin. That way, you'll get expert replies from people most intimately involved.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

In the future, you'll find yourself having better results posting the question in the thread about the plugin. That way, you'll get expert replies from people most intimately involved.

Use search 1st. Read all the sticky'd topic 2nd.

Well, and that :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.