paint.net in junior school

Hi guys

Im the ict tech in a junior school and have decided to use paint.net for my more advanced classes as the software we have is currently very limited.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had experience with paint.net and this age group, and if they could point me out some brief tutorials for a bit of a wow factor to get the kids interested. For our first task we have taken photos of each individual pupil in the class and we are going to manipulate those photos. If anyone has any good suggestions as to a SIMPLE idea that will have a pretty good "wow" factor for the kids I would be very thankfull

Thanks in advance

P.S ill post some work up if i get some good ones :)

As for the easiest stuff, you might try using the Pencil Sketch or Ink Sketch plugins (downloadable from the plugin section of this forum). They can make your students' photos look like drawings with one click. I think that would be a minor wow factor... And you might try recoloring to make them look like aliens or monsters (blue skin, etc.)....it's in the Adjustments menu. As they get better, you might try showing them how they can cut their faces out from the background and put them into a famous background or fantasy background...it doesn't have to be perfect, but it would be a fun thing to show their parents ("We went on a field trip to the moon today!"). Start there, and as they get better, go through some of the more difficult tutorials in the Tutorial section on this forum.

I think it's a great thing you're doing! :-) Kudos for getting the next generation of graphics editors ready for us. Good job! And sure, definitely show us what they've done.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Hm... what did I like to do in junior school?

Well, if I were the teacher, I would surely try - I said tray - to teach the children to make fun of their mates' faces. The Conditional Hue/Saturation or even the Hue/Saturation is pretty good for this, as it will make hair purple, skin blue and shirts glowing... They may like it. What elese... messing around with common effects like Gaussian Blur, Zoom Blur, Glow and the magc wand... it doesn't have to be great, as long as it's fun!

logoforum3eg4.jpg

I'm BRAZILIAN!

I love Anime Art!

• 1 month later...
I know a real wow factor one would be zombiez.

I made these and only had PDN for 2 days and had never used any kind of photo editing software before.

Sorry if the images are big

The-Monster-Within-61983736

Half-Evil-61983052

Braaaaaaainz-61463186

You're linking to the page. You can't do that; it won't work unless you link to the image itself.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Well, I was in junior high when I first started using PDN, so I hope my input will be helpful. I loved taking some of my interests, i.e. college football, tv show characters, clebrities, and what not, and making collages with them. Then, using simple html, make them my myspace background. I loved it. If it is junior high, I am sure the kids have myspace, facebook, or whatever, so it is always fun to mess around with that stuff.

Effects are always fun to play with, shape3D will always be fun, and anything to do with fire and explosions creates a level of interest. I hope this was helpful!

signature.png

You're linking to the page. You can't do that; it won't work unless you link to the image itself.

Gottcha :oops: Sorry for being such a retard :D

No worries! You're not. It happens to the best of us!