New to Forums. Love Paint Net.

Hi all. I've been enjoying Paint Net for a few days now.. I've followed several of the tutorials. It's amazing how powerfull yet simple Paint Net is.. especially since I have been using Gimp for so long.

It's not exactly what I need though.. even it's features are more than what I wanted. Mind you, I will most certainly use Paint dot Net when doing anything for forums, or web pages.. but I was really hoping for a MS Paint clone with layers.

The reason for that, is what I was wanting ot use it for, is a game that allows me to make my own objects, floors, and walls with art. It has a strict pallet to stick to (256 colors), and a strict iso view. For working on these, I'll probably only use the pencil and eyedropper.. but the Layers really help when drawing something to fit that iso view.

However, I do have one request. I know it's a format that isn't used often, but could someone please write a plugin that will allow Paint Dot Net to open, and save PCX files?

Thanks.

Oh.. and for an example of what I'm working on..

three avatars I made

Some floor tiles for same game

jgswsigxo7.png

Welcome to PDN! It's great that you love Paint.NET and the forums. Keep working on your graphic skills, they can take you places (and into careers) you couldn't dream of. Also, there is a .pcx file plugin somewhere. Just use the search.

EDIT: Nevermind, uH's got to be all convenient again. :wink:

Thanks for all of the welcomes. I got that pcx plugin, thanks.

Currently.. is there any way to use some of the effects such as clouds etc, and have it stick to only using colors from a set pallet?

Speaking of pallets, I notice that i can set colors and save a pallet in Paint dot net, but it's limited to 16 x 6, or 96 colors. Is there a way to have it present and give me options to these colors (235 colors total)

furcadiacolorsmn8.png

I really need to stick to that pallet, although the game itself will be introducing 24bit art in the future.

Nvm.. I just found out that the pcx plugin supports saving using original pallet. This is good.

jgswsigxo7.png

Currently.. is there any way to use some of the effects such as clouds etc, and have it stick to only using colors from a set pallet?
Nope.
Speaking of pallets, I notice that i can set colors and save a pallet in Paint dot net, but it's limited to 16 x 6, or 96 colors. Is there a way to have it present and give me options to these colors (235 colors total)

The best way is to do what you want is create multiple palettes in categories. For exapmple, you can create a palette called "Boot/Bracer/Cape/Fur" that will contain those color groups. Just keep doing that until you have all of your desired colors saved. Once done, you can acess them with ease in the color menu:

colors.png

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Yup I love pdn a whole bunch. The forums here are filled with inspiring folks and the program itself is just amazing.

I cant wait for more 3d functionality, but its so awesome getting that look manually. Killer awesome ,super ,amazing and all those other cool words.

PDN rules.

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds