Plugin request -- Grunge

Ok, PS has grunge, and i've seen things that are beautiful made by using it, so I ask, "Why isn't that in PDN?"

If i'm just being an idiot, and it's really easy to achieve that effect, please just tell me how, and I'll be happy.

Ok, PS has grunge, and i've seen things that are beautiful made by using it, so I ask, "Why isn't that in PDN?"

If i'm just being an idiot, and it's really easy to achieve that effect, please just tell me how, and I'll be happy.

Could you post some screenshots of what it looks like? If possible, post an original image, as well as the same image after using the grunge effect. Odds are, someone will be able to approximate the results, and maybe publish a tutorial.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Could you post some screenshots of what it looks like? If possible, post an original image, as well as the same image after using the grunge effect. Odds are, someone will be able to approximate the results, and maybe publish a tutorial.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

actually, i looked into it, and it turns out that it's a brush, not a plugin, and since brushed aren't supported in PDN, it cant be done correctly (it can easily be done by hand)

the way it's done (and i mis-understood this before I posted) is by taking a stock photo of spots of paint or something, and covering the area of the photo you want, then tweaking the layers until it looks grungy in that area. This can easily be done by hand, but it takes a little more time than if you had a brush.... (only hinting that maybe some type of support should be added)

and Boltbait, if you have nothing better to do, the plugin for your tut would be nice, but not needed...

actually, i looked into it, and it turns out that it's a brush, not a plugin, and since brushed aren't supported in PDN, it cant be done correctly (it can easily be done by hand)

the way it's done (and i mis-understood this before I posted) is by taking a stock photo of spots of paint or something, and covering the area of the photo you want, then tweaking the layers until it looks grungy in that area. This can easily be done by hand, but it takes a little more time than if you had a brush.... (only hinting that maybe some type of support should be added)

and Boltbait, if you have nothing better to do, the plugin for your tut would be nice, but not needed...

the easiest way to do something like that now is to copy w/e image you want to use, then make a new layer, and paste it in several times and position the image. It's not hard, but there could be easier ways....

I'm sure theres us for odd brush selections...

the easiest way to do something like that now is to copy w/e image you want to use, then make a new layer, and paste it in several times and position the image. It's not hard, but there could be easier ways....

I'm sure theres us for odd brush selections...