Layer functionality (selected area) + pen tool

When moving a layer (moving the drawn object on the canvas), it is visible that the entire rectangular area is selected and moved. Does paint.net plan on having this changed so that the selection is made around the drawing, i.e. transparent pixels are not selected. Which would lead to the great functionality which is lacking in paint.net and that is CTRL CLICK layer to select the drawn image minus all transparent areas on the layer.

And finally, will a pen tool be made available to draw paths. This works with CTRL CLICK option above, as a path is usually needed to make a selection.

Thanks

With the Magic Wand selected, shift-click a transparent area (with whatever tolerance you like), then invert selection (ctrl-i).

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

I am really requesting the feature. In photoshop, I ctrl click a layer and this is done. I currently use the method you describe.

With the Magic Wand selected, shift-click a transparent area (with whatever tolerance you like), then invert selection (ctrl-i).

Oh thats not related to this though, if you ctrl click a layer, it should select the drawing on that layer, you can still ctrl click to add to the selection. For example you can ctrl click a layer, then ctrl click on the canvas to add to the selection.

I also think ctrl shift click allows to select more than one layer in photoshop if I remember correctly. So it should function like that too.

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/3.05/en/SelectionTools.html
To add on to an existing selection, simply hold down the Ctrl key while drawing a selection.

<- edit: speaking of me, of course.

So what your talking about is that each line or shape drawn is an object on it's own that can be selected and moved after the fact. A bit like lines and stuff created in Microsoft Word. Am I right?

If this is the case, I'm not sure if this will be possible soon, if ever?

Help from others?

The best advice is what Helio suggested, using the magic wand or the other selection tools.

I do hope I haven't just rambled on for nothing.

I believe he's talking about Ctrl-Clicking the Layer name in the layer docker to do the same function as Helio suggested.

Personally, I could go either way on this. I don't do it very often. When I have an object on a layer, I usually work with the layer as a whole.

Exactly what he said.

I believe he's talking about Ctrl-Clicking the Layer name in the layer docker to do the same function as Helio suggested.

Personally, I could go either way on this. I don't do it very often. When I have an object on a layer, I usually work with the layer as a whole.