3.05 keeps crashing...

hi...

until just yesterday, i had some older version of PDN.

yesterday, when i ran PDN, it found 3.05 as an update and asked me if i wanted to install it.

i clicked yes. damn.

from then on, i cannot use my 'open' file selection to open a document that i would like to edit UNLESS THE DOCUMENT IS either one that i previously opened with PDN OR it located on my desktop.

it seems that 3.05 is not letting me open files stored on my C drive, in my documents folder. this was not the case under my older version of PDN and certainly should NOT be the case.

when i try, PDN freezes up during the open process. i have tried deleting and re-installing the entire program, but to no avail since the only version i can find to download is 3.05

anyone got any ideas?

Is Paint.NET crashing or just hanging up?

If it's crashing then you'll have a file called pdncrash.log on your desktop, which you should then paste its contents here.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:45 pm

the program does not crash and close, it just hangs.

Dunno if it still applies.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

sorry...it is only hanging up.

along the same guidelines that you all have provided me...i first uninstalled PDN. I then searched the entire reg files for any keys that might be associated with PDN. i deleted them all.

i then redownloaded and reinstalled PDN.

i have yet to have the same issues i was experiencing earlier.

i will keep you all posted as this issue might be of concern to someone else at some point in the future.

thanks again.