request for image-editing help

Hey all, I've been trying to add an effect to this picture for a while but haven't been able to figure out how to make it happen...I'm stumped. :?

Basically what I want to do is to figure out how to make the eye in the picture glow with some sort of zoom blur perhaps (which is hard enough to do because of the hair in the way) and then eventually darken the rest of the picture so it looks all cool-like and such...

Anyways, I was wondering if all of the talent on this forum could perhaps take a little time to help me out. Anyone have any ideas? :)

edit_me.jpg

I apologize BoltBait, but I cannot seem to understand how to make this plugin work. I think I understand how it works in theory, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it select and change the color values! i.e. if I want to select the dark colors of the eyes, I can't figure out how to set the wheel to change what I want! I will continue to try and figure it out.

I don't know if this is what you wanted:

requestvo1.png

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Wow...thanks for all the responses guys :D...boltbait is that an effect plugin you used on the guy? Looks interesting...

@Helio: that's about what I was thinking of, except that the eye would be brighter and redder. Shining red, but still distinguishable as an eye.

It's probably not the best picture to try it on...

Hmm, your right. I'm going to try to make a better one tomorrow.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

I tried futzing with the image, but I really can't isolate the eyes enough to keep 'em looking like eyes. Perhaps a different picture would be better.

Anyway, I decided to give it a go with myself. The picture turned out terribly - my "vicious" ended up looking more like "dork," but you get the idea of the effect:

mefire1.jpg

mefire2.jpg

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype