[Solved] Store comments inside layers

Is there a way to store comments inside layer parts in paint.net (and consequentively, in pdn files)?

I know jpeg's spec (I think also png's; not sure) allows comments inside the file that allows storing any information wanted. Does pdn allow it too?

Is there a plugin for that? I didn't find any with my search but I may just be using wrong keywords.

I'm interested in storing extra information notes in an easier way for whoever picks up the images I'm producing and also for whoever pickes them before me to leave notes to me.

I do know that it is possible to store extra information in pdn files due to some plugins such as the "editable text" plugin but I'm not sure about storing any arbitrary text.

Edited by brunoais

If you're saving as a PDN, why not add extra layers with simple text notes on them, then deselect the layer visibility check box?

Anyone who wants to read the notes simply has to toggle the layer visibility.

I do know that it is possible to store extra information in pdn files due to some plugins such as the "editable text" plugin but I'm not sure about storing any arbitrary text.

You are wrong: You think that you know, just because you looked at a plugin.

But this plugin codes the data in the pixels. That's the reason why you are not allowed to modify the layer.

You are right. Layers can store metadata, but there is no API to access the metadata from an effect plugin. So no chance of creating a public plugin which can modify the metadata.

• Upvote 1

midoras signature.gif