Resize ellipse selection (circle) and maintain aspect?

Hello, I'm using Paint.net and drawing a selection (circle) using the Ellipse tool.  I can hold down the SHIFT key to draw/maintain a perfect circle.  But sometimes where I start to draw the selection, the area is not over the part of the image I want.  I can move the selection easy enough, but then I usually have to resize the selection some more.  If I grab one of the selection handles (of the Ellispe) it starts to squish it into an oval - holding down the SHIFT key is not maintaining the aspect allowing me to resize the circle.  I've tried all sorts of keyboard combinations and can't figure this out.  Also had no luck searching for an answer.

Also once I have the selection I want, I choose "Copy" and then "Paste into image" - from there I can actually rotate the selection holding the right mouse button and moving the mouse to rotate the copied selection.  Is there an easier way to do this without having to copy/paste it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

DataCrypt

You can move the selection as you cast it by simultaneously holding down the second mouse button.  This combination allows you to drag out the shape and position it at the same time.   Give it a try - you'll wonder how you ever did without it ;)

#2  When the selection is made you can rotate it by activating the Move Tool :MoveTool: (press M) and right clicking + dragging (NB 3.5.11 - in v4.0 you left click in the 'rotation zone').  No need to copy & paste at all.  Why this is working for you is that PDN defaults to the Move Tool following the paste operation.

You can move the selection as you cast it by simultaneously holding down the second mouse button.  This combination allows you to drag out the shape and position it at the same time.   Give it a try - you'll wonder how you ever did without it ;)

=O  :wtf:

Ten years...ten years of using PdN...and I had no idea...

tumblr_mdzw2gCvCg1ri5gz2o1_500.gif

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

:lol: You need to read the book David ;) Who knows what else you'll find?