Install Error... Everytime!!!! :-\

kshaw86

I just got a new Dell and have needed to download Paint.net now for a week or so, but no matter how many times I re-try and re-start the computer, IE and the installation, I can never get it to install. I have selected many different options and I believe it is it installer program (Zoom Download?!) And the first time I hit next/accept to everything I got two virus' from the installer (and still no paint.net) and my anti-virus caught those, but then I went through and de-selected everything and still no paint.net anywhere on my computer. Any tips/tricks/help anyone can recommend. It is a Dell Inspirion Quad Core 2305 (I am 99% sure that's' the model number) running Windows 7.

You're wasting your time downloading Paint.NET from anywhere but the Paint.NET website.  That's why you get malware and viruses  installed instead of Paint.NET.

Go here: http://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html and click the link in the top right hand corner.

EER is correct however it is also due to the web browser you're using kshaw86. Internet Explorer is notoriously known for being unstable in addition to it automatically allowing nearly every script and object on any website you go to. Try Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, or Apple Safari web browsers.

I never download anything until I know the exact developer and website that created any and all applications that I download while avoiding stuff from third-party sources as many are untrusted. Hope that helps! :D

• Upvote 1

RFX5A1.jpg

Glad I could help you out kshaw86.  Welcome to the forum!