Does this look good?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The background is way cool! Brilliant idea. 

The text should either be smaller to fit within the background without being chopped off or the background needs to be smaller to make it look like the text is the focus. If you still have the .PDN file (highly recommend always keeping one with as many layers as possible intact even if you have to duplicate them & hide them) you could run a transparent linear reflected gradient to blur it in a bit more.

It is more than ok...it is very cool in concept. A strong image & I am looking forward to seeing more from you :D

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

The BG texture is nice, maybe if you lowered the opacity fo the layer with the zoom blur, or applied it as an overlay. the text (it doesn't look like a font) needs more work. Duplicate the layer and render crystallize and set that on colour burn or something?

• Upvote 1

eOdUjVm.jpg

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The background is way cool! Brilliant idea. 

The text should either be smaller to fit within the background without being chopped off or the background needs to be smaller to make it look like the text is the focus. If you still have the .PDN file (highly recommend always keeping one with as many layers as possible intact even if you have to duplicate them & hide them) you could run a transparent linear reflected gradient to blur it in a bit more.

It is more than ok...it is very cool in concept. A strong image & I am looking forward to seeing more from you :D

Sorry, but I'm fairly new. Could you explain a "transparent linear reflected gradient" a little more? Thanks.

b4KQN.png

The BG texture is nice, maybe if you lowered the opacity fo the layer with the zoom blur, or applied it as an overlay. the text (it doesn't look like a font) needs more work. Duplicate the layer and render crystallize and set that on colour burn or something?

I attempted to do this, I was a little confused. Heres my outcome:

SzZE3.png

:blank:

And to barbieq25, can you explain some more?

b4KQN.png

Cyleo, I have a life & I do not live beside my computer. Less than 24 hours to reply. Please give me a break.

linearreflectedgradientexplained_zps4c3b

linearreflectedgradientexample_zps959a94

Just where you put the nubs is up to you but if you want the reverse, right click on a nub. To deselect press CTRL + D.

If you let go of the nubs & they are not where you want them you can go back to them but be sure that you get them exactly or you will run the gradient again & it will not be what you want.

If you make a mistake press CTRL + Z to undo. 

At the moment I don't have the time to go into more detail but experimentation is a great learning tool.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012