Suggestions on how to adjust a font shape

Hey guys.. if you can help me..that would be great..

Im trying to create a logo similar to the Harley Logo for a friend's wedding. 

Their last name begins and ends with "S" and Im trying to replicate the "S" in the Harley Logo.

If I copy and paste the Harley "S" on the right side of "Cycles".. it's a no brainer.

If I copy and paste the "s" in Cycles and try to move it to the left for the first letter in their last name.. I can't seem to bend it the right way so the bottom

of the S follows the curvature of the shield like the other one..

I hope Im making sense.. any ideas would be helpful.. :(

post-75678-0-51266600-1354940626_thumb.j

post-75678-0-57408200-1354940718_thumb.j

I see your problem.  The tail of the S is fine on the right hand side, but looks awful on the left because its bent back up towards the body of the character.

IMHO the simplest solution is to reverse the character (flip it right for left) and use it backwards.  I think you'll get away taking this little 'liberty' in the interests of symmetry.

yhsjjie-92.png

I actually tried that and thought the same thing.. 

It's a long story though.. Im doing this for a wedding.. the logo is going to be printed on edible paper and put on a cookie for wedding favors.

The bride is VERY meticulous and I am pretty sure will not let me slide.. 

Im glad that you saw what I was saying though.. I wasn't sure I was asking the question the right way.. 

Thanks for the reply though.. I may create a version doing this and give them the option to say yes.. :)

attempt.png

I just noticed the date of the wedding...nice xD

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I basically copied and pasted pieces of other letters to reconstruct the S. I won't have much time tomorrow to do the rest, but I should be able to do it Monday

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo