unsaved document

I don't know. Once, my computor shut down when a power out occurred. I was rather mad, since I had been working on some good art.

Upon reboot, I discovered that the computor had automatically saved the files in the name of my user account followed by a number (e.g., pineapple, pineapple1). My operating system is Windows XP.

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

I do believe this applies in the general discussion section as well.

Whether or not your files were save may depend on the nature of the crash. More than likely, they are gone forever because most of the time, unsaved files are temporarily stored on your RAM which requires some amount of power to store information; and usually, in a crash, the computer is unable to save files before it stops functioning. I would recommend you save more often in the future in case it happens again.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I do believe this applies in the general discussion section as well.

I would recommend you save more often in the future in case it happens again.

I agree, also save it to a second hard drive if you have one fitted or a usb drive, I learned the hard way by only keeping one copy of things.

Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png

This crash happened when you were working in Paint.NET, or what? If not, then like pdnnoob says ... this is NOT a computer technical support forum. If you're asking about Paint.NET, the answer's no. The changes are gone. Save early, save often, make backups.

Anyway that's all that can really be said so I'm closing the thread.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg