Feature request - automatically load last opened images

Hi

As you read in my other posts, i'm working with many images open all the time.

today i'm using a batch file to load paint.net with the images name in the command line.

(this is my workaround)

however since i add images , I sometime forget to add those image names to the

batch file, and they do not load.

so is there a way to add to paint.net the option to automatically load upon start the " last open images"

ie. the last images that were open before the program exited ?

thank you

Avi

p.s.

of course to do it only if it is marked at the paint.net settings.

Edited by avim1968

"DDAP=Don't Drink And Post!" :-)

No there isn't, and that would be one annoying setting if you worked with a lot of large images last you used the program (which I often do...). Changing the setting would involve opening paint.net, and therefore opening all the last opened images as well.

If you go to "File>Open Recent", you can open images you worked on last you used paint.net

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

If you're opening all these same files, why don't you put them into layers, unclick viewing them when not being used further and save the whole file as .pdn? By doing this you open everything at once.

If you're modifying any of those layers, duplicate them first, click off the layer you don't want to change, and modify the duplicated layer. Another thing is to rename the orig layer as something like "cornfield-orig" as an example and the duplicate layer as simply "cornfield". This way you know which is the modified and which isn't.

Just a suggestion

EDIT:

BTW, since you're incorporating them into the file you're working on, you still maintain the orig as separate files on your harddrive, because the layers are just another image in your working file (the .pdn file) - so if you wish to forego duplicating layers, you can do that too.

EDIT 2:

There is a drawback to using the above method if you're dealing with different size images and you resize your project - it will resize all layers (even the layers that are unchecked so you aren't viewing them).

Edited by jim100361

"There is a drawback to using the above method if you're dealing with different size images and you resize your project - it will resize all layers (even the layers that are unchecked so you aren't viewing them). "

that is the problem, all the pictures are in different sizes

also adding each image to the master image layers would increase the file too much! with useless images

since most of the time i only use parts of the images for a number of layers and not all the image.

ie select part and place here select another part resize it and place there etc...

as i wrote , using the command line solves most of the problem so no need to

place all the images into the master PDN.

all i asked is that paint.net would have a setting some where, that when its marked/checked

it would automatically load the last open files , if someone don't want to use it, don't mark/check it.

Avi

Edited by avim1968

No there isn't, and that would be one annoying setting if you worked with a lot of large images last you used the program (which I often do...). Changing the setting would involve opening paint.net, and therefore opening all the last opened images as well.

If you go to "File>Open Recent", you can open images you worked on last you used paint.net

I meant that you change the settings while you work, so after you saved all the files if needed and close paint.net

the next time you open it , it would reload all the open files from the last time.

it would do it ONLY if you marked this option in the settings BEFORE you closed paint.net :-)

a compromise solution would be to add under "File>Open Recent" in the menu before the recent image

names list/icon , the option to "Load ALL" that would load all the Recent files from the list below.

thank you

Avi