Nice Intro : -)

Hi,

I have finished with my web page but I am not very satisfied with the Intro,

Therefore I will design a nice intro image - I have done a lot with Paint.net in the past but I really don't know how I could make an image like this:

This One

Is it possilble to make an image like this with Paint.Net and is there any tutorial how I could make such an image.

Thanks a lot an all the best,

Generic1

I mean the image at the top of this side:

http://www.runtastic.com/

Is ist possible to do it with Paint.net?

All the best

Generic1

It is possible and easy to do with PDN... I do not believe that any single tutorial will provide you with the answers you seek, although many tutorials will have bits and pieces that are relevant.

As an example, the runner in the red shirt is created on two layers - the top layer has a slight gaussian blur and the layer underneath has a motion blur applied to it. The text again is on two layers (above the runner layers), with the bottom layer motion blurred and the top layer has a drop shadow applied to it, etc, etc.

I would suggest that playing around with blurrs will give the desired results!

Cheers,

V

naturesig.png

It is possible and easy to do with PDN... I do not believe that any single tutorial will provide you with the answers you seek, although many tutorials will have bits and pieces that are relevant.

As an example, the runner in the red shirt is created on two layers - the top layer has a slight gaussian blur and the layer underneath has a motion blur applied to it. The text again is on two layers (above the runner layers), with the bottom layer motion blurred and the top layer has a drop shadow applied to it, etc, etc.

I would suggest that playing around with blurrs will give the desired results!

Cheers,

V

Hi,

thanks for the explanation! how is the plugin called you mentioned? - PDN.dll or so?

Hi,

thanks for the explanation! how is the plugin called you mentioned? - PDN.dll or so?

PDN is an acronym for Paint.Net or Paint Dot Net.

There are a few different techniques in this picture, but they're not too complicated to do.

Its easier if you think of each graphical element as being on its own layer and then figuring out what effect

is applied to it. For example,the picture of the phones would be one layer, the green lines would be another, the

title text would be a layer, and so would the glossy reflection on the text.

The green lines would be the most difficult part, in my opinion, but it can be done. Everything else pretty much the same as

the runner; you would just add a motion blur behind it and a gaussian blur.

The text would follow the same principles that are in this tutorial:

I hope that helps!

PDN is an acronym for Paint.Net or Paint Dot Net.

There are a few different techniques in this picture, but they're not too complicated to do.

Its easier if you think of each graphical element as being on its own layer and then figuring out what effect

is applied to it. For example,the picture of the phones would be one layer, the green lines would be another, the

title text would be a layer, and so would the glossy reflection on the text.

The green lines would be the most difficult part, in my opinion, but it can be done. Everything else pretty much the same as

the runner; you would just add a motion blur behind it and a gaussian blur.

The text would follow the same principles that are in this tutorial:

http://forums.getpai...-20-style-text/

I hope that helps!

Thanks!!

I have tried a littlebit with PDN but I dont know how to do the blur an gaussian stuff. Therefore I have googled and looked at youtube but couldnt found anything.

Do you know an example?

Thanks a lot!!

Thanks!!

I have tried a littlebit with PDN but I dont know how to do the blur an gaussian stuff. Therefore I have googled and looked at youtube but couldnt found anything.

Do you know an example?

Thanks a lot!!

On the top toolbar (where File, edit, view, etc. are) there's a menu that reads "effects". Under that menu, there should be another called 'Blurs' and 'Gaussian Blur' should be in there. It comes with the software.

Most of the plugins that you'll use or install will be under a category in the 'effects' menu or they'll be in the 'adjustments' menu.

FYI, Effects are categorized based on what they do. for example, the distort menu has effects that distort the image and the 'color' menu has effects that will do something to the colors of an image. Effects also only apply to your selected area. If nothing is selected, it will just act as if the entire area of the canvas is your selection.

On the top toolbar (where File, edit, view, etc. are) there's a menu that reads "effects". Under that menu, there should be another called 'Blurs' and 'Gaussian Blur' should be in there. It comes with the software.

Most of the plugins that you'll use or install will be under a category in the 'effects' menu or they'll be in the 'adjustments' menu.

FYI, Effects are categorized based on what they do. for example, the distort menu has effects that distort the image and the 'color' menu has effects that will do something to the colors of an image. Effects also only apply to your selected area. If nothing is selected, it will just act as if the entire area of the canvas is your selection.

Thanks, I have found the items in the menu and I have tried it out but it doesn't lokk very professional, rather cheap.

I don't think it can be done with PDN. Probably it was done with an other application.

Yes, it was probably done with another application, but the problem isn't that the program is not professional. No offense intended, but you aren't trying hard enough to make something look professional if professional-looking is your objective.

To make something that looks professional is almost never simple and easy, hence the large number of people that do it for a living (why did you think it was called "professional?"). If you want instant, easy, and good-looking results, someone has to do some work for you by providing a template.

On the other hand, if you want something that looks good, but doesn't look exactly like someone else's work, you have to work at it. There is not single-click "make this look professional" software. It simply cannot exist without taking away from the ability to customize the result.

Therefore, you have a few choices:

1. Pay a professional graphic artist to do the job for you.

2. Buy a program that makes everything look like the same professional graphic artist did everything.

3. Ask your professional graphic artist friend to do it for you.

4. Steal the work done by a professional graphic artist (not recommended)

--OR--

5. Put some effort into it and use your problem-solving skills to figure out how to get the results you are looking for.

What you are trying to do is absolutely possible to do in PDN. All you have to do is commit, then work.

In fact, just to prove it can be done, here's a picture of a car:

http://www.vvabluewaterchapter284.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Lamborghini-Gallardo.jpg

...and here it is again:

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx228/pdnnoob/proofofconcept.png

All modifications of the image were done in paint.net

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

But a tutorial in this direction would help very much and that is what I searching for.

That's better ;) I just don't like it when people say "I think paint.net can't _____" or "paint.net is free, so it can't be as good as payed products"

To create the effect you are looking for, you have to combine a few tutorials with some extra steps and plugins.

Tutorial: Use this to cut out the object you wish to use the motion blur on. Copy and paste the object to a new image onto a transparent layer in the position you want it. If it looks a little jagged around the edges, use the AA's Assistant to smooth it out.

Once you have that done, duplicate the layer a few times. Name the top layer "original" and don't touch it.

On the layers beneath, apply motion blur to your liking. I had 3 of these when I was done. Two were used to blur behind the car (one was much more than the other) and one in front (just a little). Lower the opacity of all of these to about 70-100. NOTE: I unchecked "center" for all the motion blurs.

Add a new layer underneath all of that (and above the background layer) and color it behind the object. Don't completely fill everything, but leave large gaps when you color. Motion blur this in approximately the same angle as the rest, but centered, then run gaussian blur as needed.

Find a text tutorial you like for your text and use it.

That's about it! I hope this has been helpful!

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo