Change background of photo

Change background photo.

I would like to change the background of this photo. Make all white.

How can I do ?

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2918/dscf7418s.jpg

And the floor to another color.

Later I would like remove the shadows.

Best Regards

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Replaced overlarge image with link (Rule #29).

Carrito you've been here long enough to know that we have a rule regarding the posting of large images. Please acquaint yourself with our Forum Rules, particularly #29. Thanks.

Now regarding your request, have a look at this tutorial and see if it helps you. Be warned, there is no one-click solution. You're going to have to spend some time to get a nice background removal.

Ego, thanks for that link, I know this technique well, but didnt know Ctrl+I to invert selection, thats gonna be my favorite new shortcut :) goes to show closely i look at menu options

Carrito, another less straightforward but possibly quicker way considering its a high quality image, is to create the same sortof template by increasing the contrast and color differences, then isolating everything else from the bike with magic wand alone. Doesnt matter if colors and details get distored, its only the outline shapes you need. Before you start, make a 2nd copy as new layer, and do the color/contrast alterations to one of them, so when youve magic wanded everything but the bike, can change layer view to the clean image and hit Copy.

Edited by johoe

Carrito you've been here long enough to know that we have a rule regarding the posting of large images. Please acquaint yourself with our Forum Rules, particularly #29. Thanks.

Now regarding your request, have a look at this tutorial and see if it helps you. Be warned, there is no one-click solution. You're going to have to spend some time to get a nice background removal.

Nice indeed.

Thanks

Excuse my language. I'm from Canary Islands

Ego, thanks for that link, I know this technique well, but didnt know Ctrl+I to invert selection, thats gonna be my favorite new shortcut :) goes to show closely i look at menu options

Carrito, another less straightforward but possibly quicker way considering its a high quality image, is to create the same sortof template by increasing the contrast and color differences, then isolating everything else from the bike with magic wand alone. Doesnt matter if colors and details get distored, its only the outline shapes you need. Before you start, make a 2nd copy as new layer, and do the color/contrast alterations to one of them, so when youve magic wanded everything but the bike, can change layer view to the clean image and hit Copy.

A good idea. I'll try.

Best Regards