Will this features be in 3.0?

I'm keeping my eye for a little while on Paint.net, and now with 3.0's feature set it looks more promising than ever. However, I've felt the need for a few features, common in other image editing programs:

- antialiased selections

- polygonal lasso

- text layers

- live effects

- an alternative to the color wheel

- grouping of similar tools

Small annoyances:

- I'd like to be able to shrink even further the Colors window - to only see the colors. It's also annoying that it fades in and out as you move the cursor on/off it, because it alters the way the colors look

- it seems odd that when you try to move a layer a selection of the size of the image appears after you release the mouse button

- it would be nice if the selection would go away if you would click outside it with the move tool

I'm interested if any of these features/adjustments are planned by the developers for 3.0, or a later version or at all.

Thanks

- I'd like to be able to shrink even further the Colors window - to only see the colors. It's also annoying that it fades in and out as you move the cursor on/off it, because it alters the way the colors look

This is a good point. I think that it would be fine if the Colors window faded but the Color Wheel and the colors in the palette stayed non-transparent.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster