Resizing an image & maintaining aspect ratio

Mayakd

Hello.

Probably very stupid question to you advanced users but my question is to do with pixels and image resizing.

• I have an image which is 1417 x 945 pixels.
  • I need to resize the image to either 300x300 or 500x500, preferably the latter.
  • When changing the size in 'image'_'resize' to 500x500 it comes out as 700x500.
  • From this I assume it is not as straight forward to enter the size you want requiring a more meticulous process to resize an image

Is my last point correct and if so is there any way of resizing various image sizes to the above preferred pixels?

Any comment would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Maya

Thank you so much and apologies about the thread title I should have read the rules :-/

Thanks again.

Hello, Maya

You should uncheck the box Saying : "Maintain aspect ratio" To disable this , look the image :

599538383.png

Oh and by the way .. Try to read the forum rules again .. there is a rule somewhere that says that you should not write "Please help" on your subtitle :D

Ahmed

Thank you so much and apologies about the thread title I should have read the rules :-/

Please do read the rules boltbait.smile.png

I've renamed this thread for you. Promise your next thread will have a descriptive title? boltbait.big_smile.png