Move to exact position

gizban

Is there a way to change the selection position and size by entering the numbers exactly? I find it difficult to make pixel perfect movements and it is tiresome to use the keyboard arrows to do this.

When something is selected, the position and size appear in the bottom left corner. Perhaps clicking on this could bring up a window that would let the user enter exact values.

You can set the selection size via the toolbar (look for 'Selection Mode' in the toolbar when rectangle select is active), choose mode of 'fixed size', fill out the size you want to select.

More > http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/Toolbar.html (look under Selection Tools)

Now position the mouse at the top left corner of where you want your selection and click.

Thank you for your reply but what I'm looking for is to modify the current selection.

Now position the mouse at the top left corner of where you want your selection and click.

I don't think this step should be necessary. The "fixed size" feature is only for new selections. I'm looking to modify the current selection. Selecting the exact top left corner pixel is even harder than positioning the current selection with the mouse.

I went to look at how difficult it would be to make the bottom left area clickable but it looks like paint.net is closed source.

.... I'm looking to modify the current selection.

Ah ok. I think we were on a different wavelength.

You have made a selection, now you want to move it and/or resize it, yes?

Do you want to move it to a specific location? Or move it a fixed number of pixels? (think panelling plugin: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/2617-panelling-effect-plugin-ymd100718/ ).