Ctrl+Middle Mouse zoom issues

I'm using 3.5.8 on Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium.

My problem is that using Ctrl+Scroll to zoom in and out only works some of the time; more precisely, it only works when the cursor is not over the canvas. As soon as I zoom to a level so that the cursor is inside the canvas, or I move the cursor into the canvas at a certain zoom level, I can't zoom in or out any more. The Ctrl+scroll just scrolls. The only way to rectify this is to use the pull-down to zoom out so that the entire canvas is visible and the mouse is outside the canvas. Then I can zoom again using the mouse...until the cursor goes inside the canvas again. Which is kind of inevitable.

The problem has persisted through program restarts, reboots, and reinstalls.

• 1 year later...

I started having a similar problem when I purchased this new Microsoft Mobile Mouse 3500 but it does not zoom even when outside the canvas.

The cheap $10 Gear Head Model MP2125BLU that I bought works fine for CTRL-SCROLL zooming, but has lots of other double click issues and eats batteries.

The Dell Wired Mouse that I have works perfect and Zooms as desired.

All 3 mice are using the same standard Windows 7 driver, I think, I never installed a driver, so they may pick different ones automagically.

The moral of this story is don't buy cheap mice.

I did it twice in the last 2 weeks, not I plan to go back and get the $39 version, which my son bought and it works perfect.

Tommie

Thanks for the update Tommie and welcome to the forum.

To keep things current we like to pretend that old topics are closed.  The post above yours was dated 23 July 2011 so it qualifies as ancient.  If you wish to rehash an old discussion, please just start a new topic on the subject.

Thanks.

<closed>