Nursery Leaflet

chi

well im doing some work exp at a community centre and was asked to update the leaflets, but they didnt have ps. so i heard about this program some time ago and decided to try doing it using this, result:

nursery.png

i must say this program is sooo amazing seeing how capable it is and its absolutely free, tbh if some one will ask what image editing program to get i will recommend this from now on.

thanks for this great program, please feel free to comment, like, hate, humiliate me

Edited by chi

There's no reason to humiliate or hate. Ever. Especially in a family-friendly forum where we try to give suggestions and comment/compliment accordingly. First off, I was pretty surprised what an awesome image this is. It's simple, colorful, easy-to-read, and has a great layout. Since I love color, it caught my attention immediately. Great job with this project and I hope we'll see more from you!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Welcome to Paint.net!

I agree with Helen but I want to give you some suggestions/remarks (no humiliation no hate just my humble opinion...)

1. Try to print it, it could need to change some colors (green circle under green rainbow and green text could give bad result)

2. Saint Michael' title in black sounds too dark compared to the rest but it give a sense of reliability and safety. Perhaps add a logo.

3.Open all year is really hard to read and the fonte should remind child write (instead street grafity).

I hope my english words reflect my french mind...

the whole hate and humiliate thing was a joke :P, but thanks for comments :D

i don't have a printer at home but i will check how it will look when i get in at Tuesday, thanks for that tip.

2. Saint Michael' title in black sounds too dark compared to the rest but it give a sense of reliability and safety. Perhaps add a logo.

um........you mean looks too dark? i not sure do they have a logo but i will try adding one if they have or design one if they don't.

3.Open all year is really hard to read and the fonte should remind child write (instead street grafity).

lol it wasnt suppose to be street grafity, it was a crayon font from dafont. i was trying to make it big and small letters different colours and made them wonky so it looks like a child written that part.

but i do agree the ALL might be a bit hard to read.

"First off, I was pretty surprised what an awesome image this is. It's simple, colorful, easy-to-read, and has a great layout. Since I love color, it caught my attention immediately. Great job with this project and I hope we'll see more from you! "

:D:D:D:D: this just make me happy and smile :D was 100% pdn except ofsted and the people :D

Edited by chi

refined it a bit

nursery.png

changes:

the circle was a different color at first and i paint bucketed it and on closer inspection you can see small pixels around it so i redid it. also moved it away from green text and made it lighter to avoid printing problems.

i resized the paint splat to make the ALL a bit easier to see, any more than that it becomes too blury and pixilated for my liking.

To avoid the blur/pixel problem you should work on a large size carvas (4x to 10x greater than the final version) and downsize at the very last operation with best quality...

If you want, I could have a try then you should provide a link to the pdn file...

this wont work unless you created the splat yourself, otherwise you just be resizing the paint splat to a huge version and then resize it back to its original size. as a result you might even add noise and blur through AA.

this wont work unless you created the splat yourself, otherwise you just be resizing the paint splat to a huge version and then resize it back to its original size. as a result you might even add noise and blur through AA.

I wanted to say to start from large empty canevas (not to enlarge from a smaller image).

It isn't a big issue to create the splat compared to the quality resulting...

if you google image serach "splash" you could find the same one in purple...

There is the plugin Splashes http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=9300 to start.

It really depends the kind of result you want.

These instructions could give some kind of splash:

Set the brushwidth to 20-50

Draw with the pencil a raw form having curves and spots

Use the dents effect

Do a zoom blur

Select the transparency with tolerance 50% and delete

Run a meduim noise.