[Ideas] Photoshop Likes

First - let me start of an say, as a pretty regular user, that I think you guys are doing an amazing job. This application has come so far - it really is a challenger to Photoshop!

Now I do have one feature that I need to 100% switch over.

Guides. This is the most critical feature, as I am often cutting up an image to make a website and guides help me to more or less lock the pieces for cutting and pasting.

Other than that... the other thing I would consider is applying effects to layers (Maybe just drop shadow, glow, color overlay and emboss. PS didn't really get into this until version 6 or so... and it is really nice to be able to expand the effects on a layer an easily turn them on or off... or add new.

I just downloaded 3.0A1 - so far... I am stunned.

Keep up the great work.... VX

Oh re-reading that... it reminds me. Macromedia Fireworks has a pretty slick feature where as you can add borders around text to make buttons. So if you edit the text and make it longer or shorter... it automatically resized the button around it. Just something to think about.

Guides are something I'm looking to do in a future release (not 3.0, sorry). Interestingly, the code that handles the snapping of the floating windows can be reused to handle some of this as well. The grid in general could use some added flexibility.

Generalized effect layers can be computationally expensive. Adjustment layers and masks are in the pipeline, after which we'll see what else can be done. There are some exciting things that become possible once the layering system and UI are opened up and generalized a bit further.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 1 year later...