Can't move a selection

I'm having trouble moving a selection. I'm zoomed in on an image and have copied and pasted part of another image into the image. I can't move the selection. Both selection tools will on resize the selection, not move it. Is there a trick to this?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

Once you have a selection defined, hit M on the keyboard to activate the Move Tool :MoveTool: . The Move Tool is different from the Move Selection Tool :MoveSelectionTool: which changes the focus of the selection area from one set of pixels to another.

It sounds like you have the latter tool selected. If I'm wrong please provide a screenshot of what you're trying to do and we'll take it from there.

Welcome to the forum!

Hi Chris,

Once you have a selection defined, hit M on the keyboard to activate the Move Tool :MoveTool: . The Move Tool is different from the Move Selection Tool :MoveSelectionTool: which changes the focus of the selection area from one set of pixels to another.

It sounds like you have the latter tool selected. If I'm wrong please provide a screenshot of what you're trying to do and we'll take it from there.

Welcome to the forum!

I've got the right tool selected. I've found I can move a selection when unzoomed so I tried a few tests and I can't seem to move any selections when zoomed in > 1000% (I'm working on a 16x16 icon, hence the high zoom). I'm using v3.36 so I'll try upgrading to the latest to see if it's a bug specific to that version.

Thanks